Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pay Expert for Pool Contract Review and determine options?

Posted by JenniferNE (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 9, 12 at 18:13

I love this website/forums, but it is a lot to digest. It's exciting to build your dream pool, but overwhelming when trying to determine the best construction and options, even after reading this site for hours. I want to make the best decisions up front. Does anyone know of someone that is a pool expert that would be willing to review a pool contract and discuss options for a fee? Even a reputable PB that is out of state and has no vested interest. It would be nice to have an unbiased opinion as the PBs here obviously want to "sell me" or "do what they are most comfortable with". Thanks for any help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pay Expert for Pool Contract Review and determine options?

JenniferNE:

I can give you an unbiased opinion as I am currently living outside of the U.S. Email me. mr.robiff@gmail.com
I have built pools for clients in Northern California.

-R

o

I had the same need because my pool project was very complicated and I received different "expert" opinions from each pool contractor. You are absolutely right that many PBs often recommend what they are used to doing. That is best for them but probably not what is best for you. I was fortunate to find a true expert but it took me a lot of time searching on line to find one who i thought really was the expert for me.. If you search on epoolscapes, you will see what i mean. Mike is located over 400 miles away from me but was able to do everything I needed with pictures, measurements and papers that I emailed to him. At first I thought his fees were high but it turned out to be worth far more than i paid and I wound up with a much better end result. The pool contractor I used was kept on his toes because I was enabled to be an expert consumer. If I ever move to a different house and am going to do another pool, i would use him for even more than I did this time.

o

Thank you! I see he is out of California. I will give him a call

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here