Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Equipment pad layout software ???

Posted by neednewpool (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 1, 10 at 17:35

Does anyone know of any software that will assist in laying out a scale drawing of an equipment pad. Ideally, it would have the size and shape of commonly used pumps, filters, heaters, etc. along with the clearance needed for accessibility, serviceability, etc. It would also have the valve actuators, manual valves, and be able to label the specific suction sources and return destinations. If you do not know of any software, tips or suggestions would be welcomed. i could have as many as 6 or 7 pumps with all of the water features. So my current pad will be too small. Want it to be big enough without taking up more space than it needs. Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Equipment pad layout software ???

I don't know of any software but I can give you my rule of thumb for equipment sets. I've plumbed pools since the late 70's and have used this rule since day one.
A pad for a single pump with heater, filter, and booster pump for the pool sweep is 3'x 8'
For every additional pump add 15" of width.
You could probably draw something up on a program like Adobe.

I hope this will assist you.

See ya,
Kelly

o

Thank you. I am presuming that the 3'x8' is for an open pad without any enclosing walls. My old pad is 8' wide by 5' deep with walls on the front and left side and an up slope on the backside, and it is very cramped with 3 pumps.

o

I should have followed the pool experts rule of thumb. I have 4x7, with 3 pumps, a mastertemp 400 and quad DE 80. It is stupid small. Sometimes when I need to work on something I feel like I'm playing Twister. 4x9 would be the minimum for me next time.

o

My pad design wound up being 8'2" by 12' with 6 pumps, filter, heater, ozone, blower, solar, 2 FROG XL Pro, and 5 valve actuators. If the pad was any smaller, i would be playing Twister and the plumbing would have a lot of extra turns and head loss. Paid someone to do the layout and it was worth it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here