Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
backflow valve makes noise when auto-fill comes on

Posted by stupid48 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 5, 11 at 17:31

We have a new pool. The plumber originally installed an A&A Quik Water Leveler (http://aamfg.com/waterLeveler.php). I guess some rocks got into it so my pool guy replaced it with a home depot standard toilet filler. Pretty normal I guess... The only problem is that when it is filling, it kind of does it in spurts which is normal as I guess due to waves in the pool. These spurts cause the wilkins valve at the water source to make a noise that lasts about a second. It's kind of annoying in the house because you can hear it. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Replace the auto-fill or the wilkins?

Thanks...Chris

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: backflow valve makes noise when auto-fill comes on

I called it an backflow but I guess it is really called a pressure vacuum breaker. I guess its the same thing....but just to be clear...

o
RE: backflow valve makes noise when auto-fill comes on

If there is a valve on the supply between the BFP device and the auto leveler try closing it 1/2 way. This may slow the filler and reduce the water hammer you are experiencing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here