Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
two-tone concrete decking (spray-deck): anyone have pics??

Posted by dcass (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 8, 12 at 17:13

We are getting closer to signing a contract and the PB we are going with has shown us a small sample of a deck technique that uses two different colors to create a unique two-tone look.

It is a concrete spray deck type product, you choose a darker base color that is troweled on, then the lighter color is sprayed on with the gun to create the textured effect. The sample looked really interesting but they have not done the deck on anyone yet and did not have pics of a full deck like that. I can't visualize if it is something we would like on our deck. Has anyone seen or done this type of deck, and do you have a pic??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: two-tone concrete decking (spray-deck): anyone have pics??

I haven't heard of that method. Could it be stamped concrete?

o

no, not stamped. The texture looks like knockdown that goes on a ceiling. The base flat layer was a dark color, and the texture layer over it was light. I have never seen anything like it and can't find pics of a whole deck like that. It was rather unique.

Here is the texture I mean.

o

Texture Crete? I googled and a sprayed concrete overlay...

http://www.decorativeconcreteofvirginia.com/sprayed_overlay

I haven't seen this application before.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here