Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mosaics & Pool Finishes

Posted by durango118 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 21, 12 at 17:02

Hi everyone
Just signed our contract two weeks ago, waiting on the HOA approval and permits and such. Been looking at some mosaic tiles for the sun shelf and possibly some of the seating areas. Our builder doesn't carry them but suggests I just tell him what I like and he can probably get them at a discount. I'm in Vegas so if anyone can recommend a good place for some fun mosaic tiles, (I like the starfish, crabs, nemos and stuff like that)it would be much appreciated. If you don't know of a place, perhaps you can recommend a website I can go to.

As far as pool finishes we decided to go with Quartz Scape. But now I'm reading that that may not have been a good choice. Just not sure. I hear that 3M dropped that line several years ago. And also since it's not pre-mixed mottling can be an issue. I'm sure at this point we can change our minds. Any information or suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mosaics & Pool Finishes

NPT, aka National Pool Tile, has mosaics. Another option is to Google "Pool mosaics" to find more options.

Quartz Scapes are now known as Color Quartz Crystals and are added on site. They don't cause mottling (that's a set of separate potential issues) but there can be some variations when mixing more than one batch of plaster and or different lot numbers. It's still better than plain plaster and if it gives you the color you want, there is nothing wrong with it when used correctly by an experienced crew.

Scott

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here