Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
npoaz

Our Build: Very Happy with PB Progress...

npoaz
15 years ago

I wanted to show everyone our build so far and to let you know that a job can go fairly smoothly and quickly. We signed our contract on July 9th and we should be swimming in about 2 1/2 wks!

Dig: 7/22

Plumbing:7/24

Steel:7/28

Electrical:7/31

Shotcrete:8/5

Deck Forms:8/6 tomorrow!

Here are some photos:

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (17)

• tresw
    15 years ago

It looks great so far! I really hope that you are swimming in 2-1/2 weeks, but let me warn you that we ALL got very excited when our pools got to gunite and had dreams of swimming in weeks, but things really slow down after gunite. We were to gunite in a week from dig and it took another 7 weeks to finish everything else. I'm not saying yours will take that long (we had some winter weather delays), I'm just saying "expect the worst and hope for the best" :-)

• npoaz
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for the warning. We are pretty confident since they built our friends pool in 9 wks and their neighbors in 6 wks earlier this year. We are in Arizona so the only thing that slows us down now would be a bad monsoon.

• natural_one
    15 years ago

Congrats! Seems to be a smooth build...
    Care to share who you are having build it?
    Also, what's the spillway going to look like when its done? It seems as though one picture shows 3 spillways and one shows it as one long overflow. I love how much of the yard it takes up.

• npoaz
    Original Author
    15 years ago

natural one: California Pools is building it. To update, they have laid out the deck forms and will pour Monday. I will take more pictures to show the rest of the yard that will need to be landscaped. Yes, it takes up a good portion of the yard, but we feel it will be balanced and did the best with what we had to work with. As for the spillway, it will have 3 tiled spillways with 3 adjustable bubblers in the middle of the "basin". Hope that describes it well.

• npoaz
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Just an update for those who may be interested. The decking concrete is now poured and tomorrow we are on for waterline tile and equipment wall. Still going smoothly. We should have the CalDeck a week from today.

Here are a couple of pictures:
    http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f399/amatlock64/IMG_3218.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f399/amatlock64/IMG_3220.jpg
    http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f399/amatlock64/IMG_3222.jpg

• npoaz
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well, looks like I messed up the pictures. Lets try again:

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}

• gina171
    15 years ago

It looks beautiful! What interior finish/color did you choose? Tile?

• npoaz
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I will take a few pictures soon. We went with waterline tile in Noble Tiles Gothic Blue and Pebble Sheen in Aqua Blue. It's looking great so far!

• npoaz
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Here are some more pictures from yesterday. They finished the tile this afternoon and the clean up crew will be here tomorrow. We are on schedule for step tiles on Friday and Cal Deck (Acrylic)on Monday and Tuesday. If all goes well through inspection, we will have Pebble Sheen on the 21st.
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}{{!gwi}}

• npoaz
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Just wanted to update again with a few photos. We now have step tile complete and decking. We are scheduled for Pebble Sheen Thursday, acid wash and fill on Friday. Swim in the giant tub this weekend!!! They will be out Monday for the start up with the SWG. We have one issue. The equipment wall does not cover the view of all of the equipement (white box) from the patio. The superintendent was out yesterday and said that the placement of the equipment should have been thought out better on their part and will move all of the equipment at no charge on Thursday.
    The decking pictures were a little rough this morning since we can't walk on the deck yet and we were dealing with morning light. The color is Baja Sand.
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}

• sdkath
    15 years ago

OOOOOh! I love that tile line on the stairs. Looks lovely. What color PS did you get? Katherine

• npoaz
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Katherine. I love the tile too. We are going with Aqua Blue Pebble Sheen. The best news is that we are now on for tomorrow instead of Thursday so we will have water by Friday!

• sdkath
    15 years ago

Great! Please post pix when you have water. We are looking at Aqua Blue too (along with Granite Blue). How did you decide? K

• npoaz
    Original Author
    15 years ago

It's been 27 hours and we are still filling. Once it is full we will transfer the hose to the fountain. The kids have been in it since Friday. They will be out on Monday for chemicals and start up. We are so happy with the color and very glad we added the Shimmering Sea!!! I will try and get a better picture once it's complete.

{{!gwi}}

• npoaz
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks houseful. I would love to see pictures of your pool. Can you post a link?

• HU-429397311
    3 years ago

Anyone with Pebble Sheen for over 10, 15, or more years? How is it holding up? And, has it faded at all?

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio