Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
AquaPure 1400 salt system

Posted by jsweimer (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 25, 10 at 15:59

My salt system is not producing any chlorine. The Ph level is good. I am getting error codes 172 & 186, which seem to point to the sensor.

The cell is clean, and I scrubbed the sensor.

These parts are very expensive to replace, and I hate to just guess. Is there any way to have a cell tested?

Also, I have a nasty algae bloom. Would I hurt anything by putting in some chlorine tabs until I can figure out a solution?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Jeff

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: AquaPure 1400 salt system

You'll have to break down and buy a new sensor, that's likely the issue. If your cell is over 4 or 5 years old, it may make sense to buy the cell and sensor combo, as they have discontinued the 1400 older design. Our old cell just crapped out after 4 years. 4-5 is the life cycle. The new design has to be replumbed, but if you are handy, it's easy PVC plumbing....About $800 for the replacement cell /sensor on the internet...

Yes, shock the pool, and get some algae control in there. We use a bag or 2 of shock every once in a while after the pool gets a heavy kid use. You are going to need to shock the water to get the chlorine level up anyway before you re-start the salt system to give it a jump start.

o
RE: AquaPure 1400 salt system

that is coincidental. My Aquapure 1400 just did the same thing. I am getting error 172/186. This will be the 3rd time in 3 years that it has died on me. Last time was the same error. Time before was the board.

This is getting tiring.
Chris

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here