Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
markstang

Aqua Pure 1400 Cell Problem

Markstang
10 years ago

Hello , and thank you ahead of time. I am I guess a good Samaritan helping my neighbor's wife. Both are elderly and he is in a Nursing home for a while. I noticed that there pool has not been making enough chlorine for a month. I cleaned the cell (very clogged) 1/5th acid to 4/5ths water. It cleaned perfectly and started working. They have a pool guy but he is basically a handy man type. Not a pro service.

So...the delema. I here the pool beeping next door. I never here that. I go through the bushes and before I tend to the beeping sound I turn my attention to a gurgling sound of air. The sound the pool make in the first few seconds it comes on (at least this one does). Holey Cow, I knew it was well past come on time so I open the pool screen (separated from the house) and look for what I thought could be the only other problem. UHG...the water volume of the pool had gone down far enough for the strainer to start sucking air...lots and lots of air. I go up to the control panel and see 194 and 125 code "clean'.."bad Cell".

I turned off the hole system, filled pool back to normal and turn it back on. eventual same code.

Will a cell go bad if it is just sitting mostly dry from this scenario? Thank you again for your time. Mark

Comment (1)