Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Inground Pool - Built in Massachusetts

Posted by tobrien359 (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 15, 13 at 15:39

I've been researching this site for a while now and we�re getting ready to sign a contract with a pool company and trying to get a good grasp on budgeting. Right now, we have the below list of options we are interested in going with our selected pool company:

18�x36� Permacrete Rectangle w/1 Roman End (w/a possible upgrade charge for freeform)
Concrete Walls & Bottom
2 Bottom Main Drains
8� Wide Concrete Stairs
Built-In Swim Out
Mineral Springs Chlorine Generator
Cantilever Edge
750 sq. ft. Stamped Concrete Decking
Electrical Work
ColorLogic 12v Underwater Light
Foam Padding
28 Mil Liner
3 Returns
1 Stair Jet
2 Skimmers
Stainless Steel Handrail (Ladder also included)
DE-4800 Filter
Hayward 1.0 H.P. Super Pump
Poolside "Indoc"
Maintanence Equipment
Pool Water
Safety Line & Floats
Permit Work
Complete Project Management

We have an existing 4� vinyl fence that does not meet pool code so we are planning right now to knock down part of it and enclose the pool in it�s own chainlink or aluminium fence that meets code.

After pricing everything out, we decided to hold of purchasing the dolphin pool vacuum and winter safety cover until we have a better idea of the overall cost of the project.

Can anyone out there give me any advice on my list of spec�s or tell me any "gotchas" that might arise. I know it�s hard to know what�s going to happen during excavation until it happens. They believe we have very good soil for backfill.

Thanks for any input.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Inground Pool - Built in Massachusetts

I would recommend an autofill and an additional light. One is not enough for that size pool.

o
RE: New Inground Pool - Built in Massachusetts

Hello Tobrien359.

My company specializes in a custom decking system product that is best considered during the design/excavation phase. I'm not sure of your specific needs or budget but I thought you would like to know your options. What we do is highly custom and not for everyone.

My website link is, www.bbdeck.com. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

CB

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here