Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wildturkey450

Applying stone on an exterior curved wall

wildturkey450
10 years ago

Don't know if this is the place to post this but I'm thinking someone must have installed a stone curved wall around a pool or spa. So here is my dilemma. I have an old circular cement watering trough in good repair which is about 7 feet 8 inches in outside diameter, about 34 inches tall and about 4 to 5 inches thick. I'd like to cover it in stone--say faux cement stone. I'd like the stone look alike to be applied so the edge of the stone would be visible--not the face of the stone. Using short pieces of natural stone to do this job is probably beyond my ability and patience. I have built a number of stone walls around my house from natural tan/brown field stone so I would want the finished watering trough to blend in with the natural stone walls. Has anyone done anything like this? By searching the internet, I have found some companies offering panels of some type of faux stone (sure don't want vinyl) that say these panels can be used on exterior curved surfaces. They often qualify that the curve can't be more than "X" distance in so many feet. Wouldn't know how to figure this out using my watering trough measurements. Any suggestions as to methodology and choice of materials would be helpful

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Ramos Timber
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Westerville's Top Craftsman & Exceptional Quality Tile & Stone