Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
can we replace a bonding strip in control box?

Posted by sharon2975 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 28, 12 at 14:39

My 2 year old pool that has had continuous problems (i sure hired the wrong pool builder) has just sprung another one. our light was not installed properly and there is no junction box. the bonding cable (green) leaked into our Jandy aqua link control box and damaged the bonding strip. can we replace the strip or do we have to replace the entire control box?
We are having a junction box installed and also replacing the cable. thanks for any help you can offer. We love our pool, but are sure sorry that we used the builder that we did.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: can we replace a bonding strip in control box?

What bonding strip? There are ground and common strips.

There needs to be a deck/junction box installed with conduit to the niche and power, in this case, the Aqualink.

The outside of a niche is generally attached to the bond wire. The inside of the niche gets grounded with a potted connection of heavy gauge insulated solid wire that will run up the conduit and attaches in the deck box's grounding lugs. The two are separate.

Scott

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here