Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pool Builders in So Cal (North OC)

Posted by 1929Spanish (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 30, 14 at 13:33

We keep going back and forth on adding a small plunge pool to our backyard. I'm freaked out by the horror stories of pool builds. We're also not sure about the budget, but my fear of the build comes first.

Anyone have a good recommendation for So Cal/OC? I'd love some info on the process and quality as well as the costs.

TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pool Builders in So Cal (North OC)

For a pool only that is done correctly in your area can run in the $40,000.00 range depending on size, site access and utility runs.
Hope that helps.

o

I would also love some recommendations for SoCal, only I'm in south Orange County. I have been researching on yelp, angies list, better business bureau, looking up contractor licenses.. I had a hard enough time trying to pick someone to do our kitchen remodel, but with a new covered patio and landscaping, this is going to cost FAR more than what we spent on the kitchen, and I'm afraid I'll be telling one of the horror stories I keep hearing about.

1929Spanish, based on the 2 quotes we've received so far, I think for just a small pool, $40,000 is about right. It starts getting up there in price once you start adding hardscape around the pool...

o

Thanks....any recommended builders or good stories about the process?

o

We had a small pool built a few months ago in Palm Springs. Our kids are grow are grown and space constraints were an issue yet we got everything we were hoping for just under $40,000 (not including landscaping).
Must haves were a pool & spa that had clean lines (nothing raised), glass tiles, channel drains and a tanning shelf to hang out in.

Our pool took 5 weeks from beginning to end...loved our pool builder Parzinsky Pools, top notch crew in every way. We are over the moon for sure!

May your experience be as seamless as ours!

o

We had our pool built 25 yrs ago and just had it remodeled this year by the same company.

http://bognerpools.com/

o

I have to know how your experience was and choice.

o

We decided not to move forward for many reasons.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here