Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fairly Urgent: Needing help prior to pebble-sheen

Posted by planting_pam (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 16, 14 at 13:23

We've recently had a new pool installed. I keep up with forums and wish I had consulted you earlier. Our PB is not interested in providing details, and we have had to fight for every minor modification from the beginning contract. Now we are close to pebble sheen application, and I'm unhappy/concerned about three problems.

Waterline tile is NPT's Verona Borba (turquoise). Approximately every five tiles, we used matching Deco tiles. Center of each tile is diamond shaped with nine glass squares inside. Several small squares had minor chips, so tile guy popped them out to replace them. The new deco squares are each 1/8th inch bigger; thus, they won't fit. Even with less grout, no go. They cannot locate new tile. Any ideas on what to do now? I know it's not my problem, but I'm worried about them finding a solution. I'll discuss next two issue in later post. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fairly Urgent: Needing help prior to pebble-sheen

I know you don't want to hear this but would you consider using the non-deco Verona Borba all the way around?

Is it the nature of the deco tiles that they are chipping? If so, I'd eliminate them now, once and for all. Or, cut a square of the non-deco Borba to put in the diamond space where the 9 turquoise glass are supposed to be. Not as decorative but it would break up the uniformity. NOT that I think uniformity is a bad thing.

That's a gorgeous tile, BTW.

o

I know you don't want to hear this but would you consider using the non-deco Verona Borba all the way around?

Is it the nature of the deco tiles that they are chipping? If so, I'd eliminate them now, once and for all. Or, cut a square of the non-deco Borba to put in the diamond space where the 9 turquoise glass are supposed to be. Not as decorative but it would break up the uniformity. NOT that I think uniformity is a bad thing.

That's a gorgeous tile, BTW.

o

Personally, I'd go with whatever is the easiest at this point and doesn't cause a delay. We had to make a couple of changes due to material shortages and so many of the options are very similar. While I know other opinions differ I wouldn't worry about the tile that much and the decorative pieces. To me, it's just not a focal point of a pool and I would want the pool completed.

One thing that my wife added the day of the plaster was some shiny shells, not sure what they were called. They put them in The Satin Matrix Northshore Caribbean (Pebbleshee equivalent). I thought it would be a waste but she wanted them and they look great and add a nice touch to the pool. We were supposed to have some antique brass lights in the travertine decking where two steps were located on the backside of the pool by the spa. Wires were already run but they ordered the wrong lights. I didn't want another delay so we put that money towards the shells in the plaster. You can always add another nice touch somewhere else to a pool which may be an option for you.

This post was edited by ktm250sx on Sun, Aug 17, 14 at 20:46

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here