Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sambonini

Pool Net bid

sambonini
16 years ago

All,

I have searched the forum for details on the pool nets and was wondering if the bid I got is a decent one. I called both Katchakid and All-safe. All-Safes Bid was around $1330 installed. Katch a kid was about $150 more than All-safe. What I was wondering is if this bid is good for a pool that is approx 25x19 rectangle. And also does anyone think Katch a kid is worth paying $150 more?

Thanks,

Sam

Comments (4)

• mkfmedic
    16 years ago

We have used All-Safe for both removeable fencing and now a pool net. We have been very happy with their customer service. We recently had a break in our net and they came over within two days to mend the break and on their own, reinforce several "wear areas" with vinyl tubing. We didn't get a qoute from Katch-A-Kid, because we chose to go with All-Safe based on our past history with their products and service.

Although I can't speak for Katch-A-Kid, I have heard and read on this site that they are very good, I would give All-Safe my best recommendation. These pictures are from right after the installation, approximatley 13 months ago.

Good luck with your decision!

Best Regards,

Mike

• bayarea4
    16 years ago

I think they are both very good products, but we ended up going with Katch-a-Kid. All-Safe's quote was actually higher, but they were willing to be competitive. I'm sure they would have matched our other quote from Katch-a-Kid. We are very happy with our net and the peace of mind is almost overwhelming. We have two kids, 7 and 3, and they both love the water... so much it's scary!

BTW, my 7 year old now knows how to remove the net by himself, so we had to make sure he understood that he can not remove the net without our permission.

Good luck!

-April

• sambonini
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Mike & April, thanks so much for the info. From what I can gather, there is no difference really between the quality and effectiveness of either companies product. So it makes sense to go with All-safe based on cost. One quick follow up for you April.... Did you get the Katch-a-kid net with the automatic crank system? They were really trying to sell this to me as a benefit, but I believe I read somewhere on this forum that it really is not worth it. All-safe told my wife she would have no problems putting on and taking off the net without me around.

Thanks again.

• bayarea4
    16 years ago

We did not get the automatic crank system. I'm not sure how much that would help, since it is so easy to manually crank the net up anyway. Taking it off takes only a few minutes. Putting it back on just involves unrolling the net from the crank and replacing the hooks, then using the tensioning system to tighten it up, which is very easy to manipulate. I'm sure both products have the same type of tensioning systems.

Hope this helps!

-April