Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shades_gw

Turtle bay or prism blue pebbletec-Help!

shades
16 years ago

We are having pebblesheen applied next week. IT's been a one year ( very long year ) process but we're nearing the end. The question, does anybody have turtle bay pebblesheen and does it have a greenish cast? The other color in considration is prism blue although our pebblesheen guy said the water color is like windex which doesn't thrill me,any prism blue people with opinions

Comments (18)

• stjohnrocks
    16 years ago

I posted a new picture in the gallery. Title is "After one year". We have turtle bay. Turtle bay is a deep blue/teal. It has a little green similar to the ocean. I have seen ocean blue pics and they look almost the same to me. Prism blue- from the one I saw has more of a pure greyish look to the steps etc. With turtle bay on the steps you will see more color variation in the pebbles but both have a very nice water color.

• scrapula
    16 years ago

I have Tropical Breeze, which is the Pebble Tec version of Prism Blue. Our plaster bags said Prism Blue on them. The color is nothing like windex. It is teal, but a lighter blue than the Turtle Bay. After looking at the pics posted above, I really, really love Turtle Bay. If I ever do it again, I'm choosing that color.

• Philanna
    16 years ago

We have Prism Blue, it never looks like windex, to me its more of a teal blue. It does change tones throughout the day. Its a medium color, not light or dark. A friend of mine has Aqua Blue and it looks closer to a windex color. The steps in my Prism look blue-grey from a distance, up close you can see all the pebble colors. Turtle Bay looks like it would be a little darker and a little more teal(green-ish) than the Prism. I had a hard time choosing myself, I really love Ocean Blue, but in the shade its a little too dark. All the colors are really pretty. We really love our Prism its a very pretty color.

• bella-orlando
    16 years ago

Turtle bay is going to be more greenish... Prism blue is a very nice color. Here is a link with several photos to a pool we built with Prism Blue Pebble Sheen. These photos where taken at dusk so it is darker in the photos than when the sun is on the pool.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pool/Spa with Prism Blue Pebble Sheen

• stjohnrocks
    16 years ago

Kelly brought up a good point in another post on this subject, regarding how many trees you have. If your area is fairly wooded you may want the Prism Blue if you are worried about a greener look. If not than I wouldn't worry about it. The prism blue does seem lighter than the turtle bay and ocean blue a little darker. We chose between Prism and Turtle. I've said before I think either color is good and neither would be a major mistake. I agree with a previous poster Aqua Blue was more of the Windex color. We saw actual pools in Ocean Blue, Turtle Bay, Prism Blue and Aqua Blue. Depending on the time of day and cloudiness these colors will all vary alot.Good Luck!

• shades
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Many thanks to all who responded! Still undecided but more to consider. I don't mind a teal look, but too much greenish would bring thoughts of algea to mind, ughhhh. I will post some pictures someday, I have enjoyed looking at all of your pics so much.

• thejimbar
    16 years ago

Blue/Cayman Green Blend 3M Quartz. Truly Aqua!

• qa4me
    16 years ago

Hi Jimbar

What exactly is the 3m blend that you have; if you remember? I've seen you state cayman green and blue and then blue 3m and cayman green. There are differences. for instance I've seen it stated as blue splash with cayman green which I believe is an upgrade and then there is the standard level "cayman green and blue. Your pool appears to be a very opaque color of blue; is that right? We are still in the pool process for the last 3 months and am just trying to get a color for 3M. PB is of no help whatsoever. I've been asking for samples and references since the day I signed. I'm really not comfortable about any type of stone surface I don't believe, although their appearance is beautiful, so I'm trying to find a 3M that is not real dark and not light either. Sometimes the finishes have almost a liner look to them Hence, my reason for specifics. Hope you can help,
    thanks

• thejimbar
    16 years ago

It's standard level Cayman green and blue blend mfg'd by 3M. From what I recall there were an equal number of bags of crystals of each color. Bags were labeled "Blue" and "Cayman". It was mixed with white plaster, so it's not an opaque blue at all. Took this photo today.

• metalmachinery
    16 years ago

We just finished & filled last week. we viewed as many pebblesheen colors as we could, aqua, turtle, ocean & prism. IMO aqua was bright & light, needed to keep sunglasses on to view in bright sun. turtle had greenish tint, ocean very nice but to dark with shadows in our yard... we went with prism and we love it. water is a nice blue with alittle hint of teal. didnt care about the abalone shells when deciding but now we love that too.very happy with interior look as well, steps etc.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{!gwi}}

• metalmachinery
    16 years ago

here are more prism pics
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}

• qa4me
    16 years ago

JIMBAR
    Thanks so much for your response. I finally found this post, I couldn't remember where I had asked the ? I've really enjoyed looking at your pics and your pool is beautiful. It's so inviting..refreshing you must be loving it! Anyway, thanks for the details because my next ? was what color the plaster was. Thank you again for your response. Decisions, decisions.

• sedonahome3
    16 years ago

Metal Machinery: I've been looking for the right color water using either the 3M Quartz product or Pebble Tec product and your color water seems to get exactly what i was hoping for (and i've looked at a lot of websites). Can you tell me what product you chose and what color within that product line?

• metalmachinery
    16 years ago

the product is pebblesheen made by pebbletec. prism blue is the color. I posted more pics a few threads down. prism blue pebblesheen has small pieces of abalone shell mixed in and looks real nice in bright sun. We love the color, feels like swimming in an aquarium.

• Monica Mandelli
    3 years ago

I am having the same issue: must choose between Turtle Bay and Prism Blue!

Think Prism Blue may be a bit too light especially because our pool is large but relatively shallow, between 4 and 6 feet deep.

Question is whether Turtle Bay is too green?

Thanks!

• debvanatl
    3 years ago

I love the look of the darker colors, but was concerned about them heating the water too much (we're in Georgia) and also about a slightly lower visibility to see kiddos and also critters that might have gotten in. I thought the pebblesheen website was quite accurate in the water color images, particularly the one showing the appearance in different depths. We went with blue surf, I especially liked the blue base.

• S
    3 years ago

Monica Mandelli Did you end up with Turtle Bay or Prism Blue? Would love to see photos.