Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Pool Build Conroe TX

Posted by kands (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 10, 14 at 12:49

We're very excited to get started on our new pool with Regal Pools. For now, we have to be patient while waiting on city permits and HOA approval. Once construction begins, we'll post pictures and updates along the way. We can't wait!

Freeform pool/spa with grotto and slide
39' x 24'
118' perimeter
Depths 3 1/2' x 7'
Approx 31,000 gallons
Pebblesheen (color to be determined)
Tanning shelf with 2 LED bubblers
2 LED's in pool and 1 in spa
Combination of stacked stone and moss rock along the back
In-water table
Fire pit with flagstone sitting bench
Cool deck with flagstone inlays

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Pool Build Conroe TX

Not sure how to post multiple pictures at once, so here's another

o

One more

o

Last one

o

Incredible design. Very similar to ours except bigger. Eager to watch it come into realization!

o

Howdy Kands - That looks really nice. I like the entire design and especially the table in the pool. That is the #1 thing I wish I had. I can't wait to see the finished project.

o

Sooo excited for ya'll! It's a Beautiful design!!! Keep the pictures coming!
Dena

o

kands- I am building in Huntsville and I had to smile when I saw the distant mountains in the images:) Have fun with your pool project- it looks like it's going to be gorgeous.

o

Ha! That was one of the first things I noticed as well. Our hot tub comes with a beautiful mountain view at no extra charge.

o

Looks great, did you consider travertine decking? We just built a pool in Magnolia and it's all complete except for the fire/water bowls which are supposed to be installed this week. We went with travertine pavers and love it. We weren't even considering it initially but saw a neighbors new pool done in pavers (non travertine) and we immediately knew that's what we wanted. Looks great and it doesn't get too hot even in the middle of the day. You can walk on it and not burn your feet at all.

Are you doing salt or chlorine? We had salt before and loved it but went with an ozonator and chlorine this time. We've only been swimming in it for a little over a week and like it so far. We were going to get pebblesheen but went with Wetedge Technologies Satin Matrix which is the equivalent of pebblesheen and love it. Good luck, glad it's about over for us but it's exciting watching each phase of the pool build. Ours got stressful after it was dug due to all of the rain and worrying about it caving in.

This post was edited by ktm250sx on Mon, Aug 11, 14 at 21:08

o

Thanks for the input. We definitely welcome different viewpoints since this is our first pool. We really haven't given any thought to travertine pavers, something we could definitely look into. We chose cool deck (kooldeck?) for much the same reason. Best I can tell it's supposed to stay a little cooler than say flagstone or stamped concrete. We think we want something a little darker beige tone than the typical light cream cool deck and we were told we could choose a color. The idea of having that along with flagstone inlays to tie into the flagstone coping and kind of pull it all together was appealing to us, since we'll have flagstone on the fire pit, sitting bench, and the table in the pool.
We're going with a chlorine system. My brother in Magnolia has a beautiful saltwater pool that was built about 8? years ago. He's mentioned more than once that if they had it to do over again they would go with chlorine, for all the same reasons you've probably heard. I went back and forth on adding the ozone system and ultimately decided after much research that it's probably not all that much of a benefit. That being said, I know a few people that have it and think it's the best thing ever. I won't pretend to be pool savy enough to say with certainty one way or another, but when it comes to cutting costs and trying (unsuccessfully) to stick to some sort of a budget on this project, it seemed like an easy place for us to cut back on the cost.
Regal didn't show us any pricing for Wetedge and I didn't think to ask. In my endless search for the perfect pool color, I think the prettiest I've seen are with Wetedge finishes. Their color choices seem to offer the true blue that we really would like to have. We're really hoping to see some various Pebblesheen pools in person to make an educated choice on the color that's right for us. We have plenty of time since the permitting / HOA process is expected to take 4 weeks.

o

The decking you're planning on doing looks beautiful and I think goes well with the fire pit. We were going to do stamped concrete and hadn't considered pavers until I saw a neighbors pool. This is our second pool but I'm far from an expert on any of it. We did the moss rock with a waterfall before and planned on doing the same style this time but then we decided to do something totally different. I'll post some photos soon.

Pebblesheen is great and you definitely can't go wrong with it. We just switched to Wetedge because of some personal issues with one of the other plaster companies. Wetedge Satin Matrix is basically the same stuff in my opinion or close enough. We narrowed it down to two color choices and couldn't decide and couldn't personally see a pool with either of the colors nearby to us. I wanted to see one in person but we wound up just picking Northshore Caribbean. Our water is still a little cloudy so don't think it's at its true color yet but we like it a lot. It keeps raining every time we get the water almost balanced.

Our fire/water bowls are supposed to be put on tomorrow and can't wait to see them. That will just about finish our pool up except for the landscaping. We are waiting until Houston Gardens goes to their 75% off sale before buying our plants and will be doing it myself. We did this on our last pool and saved a ton of money.

o

Thanks for the advice on waiting for the 75% off. When do they do that? I hope the timing works out for us. We need lots of landscaping! And please send me some pictures of your pool or reply with a link in this thread whenever you can. I'd like to see it.

o

Just curious, is that 24ft measurement from the narrowest points or widest points of your design? We're in the design process on a freeform pool and I'm worried it will be too small, and its 18 ft.

This post was edited by twolabs on Wed, Aug 13, 14 at 19:28

o

It's at the widest points.

o

Finally making some progress. Gunite complete.

This post was edited by kands on Thu, Oct 2, 14 at 11:21

o

One more. I was very impressed with Modern Method Gunite.

This post was edited by kands on Thu, Oct 2, 14 at 11:09

o

Following!

o

Beautiful!! Sooo Happy for Ya'll!
It was a bit hard having to stand on my head to look at your pictures..lol!
Im kidding..but can you flip them?

o

Hmm. They're showing up right on my screen. May be something to do with posting from my phone. I'll get on the computer and check it out.

o

One from yesterday...starting work on the grotto/slide.

o

Absolutely beautiful! Can't wait to see more!

o

Lots of work going on today. Gunite slide...

o

Tile going in.

o

And stacked stone.

o

Looking So Beautiful....Loving it!

o

Lots of progress since the last post. All the stone work is complete. We're very happy with it so far. Regal Pools does great work.

o

The flagstone coping is all done. Can't wait to see the slide finished out and the table in the pool.

o

Like many, we've had a hard time deciding on a pebblesheen color. We went this morning to view a few pools in person and I'm glad we did. We were thinking we wanted to go with Tahoe Blue or Blue Granite, but when we saw Ocean Blue we knew that was it. So Ocean Blue Pebblesheen it is. Can't wait to see it finished.

o

Ocean Blue excellent choice also, You had the top 3 blues. Saw your 2 1/2 spa jets "therapy" just curious on the manufacturer and if you choose adjustable fittings. Looks great I wish I was plumbing in Texas. Congratulations

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here