Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help! Jandy Heater won't turn on. Repair guy ?

Posted by thejimbar (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 24, 08 at 12:25

I have a 375BTU Jandy Lite 2 heater for my pool and spa. Controlled by RS-8 and Aqua Palm remote. Can't get it to kick on this weekend at all. I have been getting intermittent "FL 0" error codes on the display for the last few weeks, but have usually been able to correct it with a reset of the system. Now nothing works. Any suggestions? The "FL 0" code refers to a number of different errors, but they all sound like ones that need part replacement or repair.
Again, any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help! Jandy Heater won't turn on. Repair guy ?

You have an open switch in the safety loop. It is one of 4 circuits. The most common is the fusible link assuming you have a clean filter.

o

Thanks for the quick reply, it came on again today, tried resetting the clock again on the RS-8 and it all of a sudden worked??? I did backwash today as well, so maybe that helped. Could it be the pressure switch too? The guy that does my Jandy warranty work is supposed to come this week, so hopefully it will be straightened out before Labor Day weekend, we don't have much swim time left here in NJ....

o

Need help too. How do you get the flame sensor out to clean it or replace it. same unit Jandy lite 2

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here