Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HELP!! A duck is pooping in my pool!

Posted by NewLKNPool (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 8, 12 at 10:34

I think a duck is pooping in my pool, this is the second time we have woke up to duck poop in the pool. First, how to I get rid of the duck...second, the plaster is now stained from where the poop sat overnight..how do I get the stain out???? HELP!!! I could just cry that my new plaster is stained!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HELP!! A duck is pooping in my pool!

Anti-duck: Dollar store - cheap shiny helium balloons.

Stained plaster: no idea, sorry

o

Is it plain plaster or Diamond Brite? Raise the FC to 12% or so of the CYA level, hold it there and brush daily. It will fade soon to where it isn't seen anymore.

They don't like large inflatables usually. Next up is a sprinkler with a motion detector.

Scott

o

I think plain plaster.. has quartz (blue specs) in it but overall it is white..and now white with 4 poop stains! :-)

o

I've inserted a 2" PVC pipe into the pool over leaf stains, etc and poured chlorine shock powder down the tube so it falls onto the stain. Brush up after and hour or so and stain is usually gone. Turn off the pump so water is still.
Also have one of these "stain erasers" I use for stubborn marks.

Here is a link that might be useful: Stain Eraser

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here