Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
keyd2ryde

Help!! Not happy with pool issues!!

keyd2ryde
12 years ago

We had a pool installed this summer. There are a few different issues I am trying to get help on. I will list them out here.

1. There was a crack in the structure below our 20x40 vinyl pool. There was a huge tank below the pool found in excavation. The installer tried to pack the bottom down to fix the problem, but it still cracked. He came out to fix it, but it is now jagged and uneven and I am worried about the liner over this. He told me that a repair can never be smooth like the initial install. i just can't imagine that jagged and rough and uneven is the only option. He said the material that fixes the cracks is totally different and it can't be finished the same as concrete. Is this true and I just have to live with it? He offered to come back and drain the pool AGAIN at the end of the season and see if he can make it better but I am worried about the stress on the walls and liner to have it drained and filled again. Help??

2. The steps are thermoplastic and installed under the coping. When the gentlemen came to install the liner, he got to the step and said "Man, they installed it upside down." I wondered what he was talking about. He said he could fix it and cut the tops of all the side pieces of the faceplate for the steps off about 2". I have never had a pool and figured it would be okay in the end. and that he knew what he was doing. He seemed confident, my error for being trusting. Well as you can see by the pictures, it isn't. The top of the liner is above the faceplate of the step and is not cut neatly and is open to the back of the liner and wall. The top of the edges of the faceplate are cut and not even. No cap on top of any of the sides. The installer told me that is how they are finished. I am not able to find any pictures of steps like mine, installed that I can see close enough to see how the faceplates look. I can't imagine anybody would have steps like this if that is how it is supposed to look. Is he telling the truth or did his guys mess up? If it is messed up, is there any way to fix it?

3. I will put this here only because you can see it in the picture with the steps. I have a thread posted under gallery that just addresses the coping. The concrete is flaking, different colored, rocky and rough in spots and not finished off well at all. There are more than a couple cracks already, some in the lines made in the concrete and some on the coping itself. Some start just above the liner. Is there any option to clean this up without having to redo all of the concrete?

I just want my pool to look nice�

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Here is a link that might be useful: pool pictures

Comments (3)