Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Polaris Air Blower - PB Question

Posted by thejimbar (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 2, 12 at 9:49

Thought I heard a "pop" last night when I turned on the spa air blower.
Took a look at it this AM. Model 1-480-02 2hp, 240v blower. Took off top, appears motor is spinning. Remove blower from plumbing and motor runs, but no air coming out bottom of blower. Thermal switch eventually cuts off blower though. Motor issue, switch issue?

Any ideas?

I've already ordered a new unit for $200, but am interested in other comments, perhaps I can repair and keep new one as spare.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Polaris Air Blower - PB Question

Blowers are pretty ubiquitous. The real question is why such a large unit. That size is usually intended for at least eight jets and a lot of distance.

Lets assume they installed a correctly sized original. The replacement brand is not very critical. I happen to use Silencer brand units, not Polaris. It saves money and I haven't seen a loss in reliability.

Blowers are not serviceable. They get replaced.

Scott

o

Thanks Scott. My spa does have 8 jets, it's 8' diameter and is about 75 feet from the spa, so I think it's right sized. I paid $184 for it online so price was OK in my mind. Use spa almost every night, and this is our 6th year, so I feel like I got my $$ worth on the first one. Should be here on Tuesday, already took the old one off and capped the wires. Will be a real quick fix on Tuesday and I will be back in action. Thanks again for guidance and I hope you are doing well.

o

Thanks Scott. My spa does have 8 jets, it's 8' diameter and is about 75 feet from the spa, so I think it's right sized. I paid $184 for it online so price was OK in my mind. Use spa almost every night, and this is our 6th year, so I feel like I got my $$ worth on the first one. Should be here on Tuesday, already took the old one off and capped the wires. Will be a real quick fix on Tuesday and I will be back in action. Thanks again for guidance and I hope you are doing well.

o

is there an echo in here?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here