Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindamarie_gw

Marcite $19.49 FL Gem $21.50

lindamarie
15 years ago

Why would anyone use Marcite white pool plaster, when the cost of Florida Gem is only $2 a bag more?

I must have the worst pool replaster in the world. I told the pool guy I did not want plain white plaster. I wanted Diamond Brite. He said he got a great deal on white Marcite.

How stupid am I? I had no idea. If you saw my post on sloppy Marcite you have an idea where I started with this mess.

This pool guy didn't even know how to estimate the amount of material the pool would need. Then he tried to apply the plaster very thin, hoping I wouldn't notice. When I saw the bottom at 1/4" to paper thin. I went and got 12 more bags of Marcite. Then I realized it wouldn't be enough because he had used 10 bags for the first thin coat. We did need more plaster for the steps and area in front of the steps.

I had to wait till the pool supply got more plaster. Well the truck came in and the white plaster was not on it. So it was suggested I used bone. When I looked at the bone color it was too tan. I chose Biscayne blue trying to get one with a whiter base color. Then I asked about the price difference and when he showed me the list I saw thta there was only a $2.00 a bag difference! I was shocked. I would have paid $40 a bag or more to have the FL Gem and not white plaster.

So now I have a sloppy white plaster job with a Biscayne Blue patch looking thing and steps. And the stupid pool guy quit on the steps and left ME trying to smooth the holes and bumps in the finish.

This looks really bad. I told him I would call him. But I have no intention of calling him. I do not want him here again for other reasons I can't type here.

Our plan is to see how long this lousy job lasts and have the pool redone by real professionals with refernces and a warranty.

Comments (2)