Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Keep Inground Pool Open All Year TN

Posted by DianeLynn99 (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 28, 14 at 9:27

Hi everyone. We are new pool owners - 20' x 44' rectangular pool. Chlorine w/Delta UV Sanitation system.

I do not really want to cover the pool with a solid cover as I like to see the water even when it is too cold to swim. We are about 60 miles north of Memphis, TN. Is it possible to just deal with the leaves and keep the pool open year around?

We have a variable speed pump that doesn't add much to the electricity costs of the house. Thanks for any advice - pool store says to close it but they also want to sell me the $2,000 cover.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Keep Inground Pool Open All Year TN

Hey I'm in Knoxville We have several customers that stay open year round if you don't have a lot of leaves to deal with then keep it open. You'll still need to keep your water balanced even though your not using it to protect the surface and metal part of your pool....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here