Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
DIY concrete deck resurface

Posted by javamom (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 28, 12 at 9:13

Our pool deck is concrete that is at least 20 years old. I am looking for DIY options to make the surface look a bit better. Overall it is structurally sound, but has been patched in a few places. I would like it to have a uniform surface.

Has anyone used the Restore Concrete product on a pool deck?

Are there good DIY options? I am concerned that paint will peel but am open to paint if it will last more than a few years.

Thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: DIY concrete deck resurface

There are paints and acrylic top coats, which I urge you have done by a pro.

Scott

o

poolguynj,

What kind of pro? I've tried to get quotes from concrete contractors but it is a small job and there hasn't been any interest. We just have a 3 foot "sidewalk" around the pool then wood decking everywhere else. Not the most elegant design. :)

Thanks!

o

I tried the restore product on a base of durarock. I Am amazed how easy it was to apply and durable it is. My deck is carve stone, if i was on a budget and the area was small, I wouldn't hesitate to use it. I think it looks better than cool deck. If you get creative you can carve in grout lines and fill in with a off color paint forming a free style look. Sponge painting would take it one step farther.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here