Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cookie8_gw

Not what they showed me - solar blanket

cookie8
12 years ago

I went and bought a new solar blanket and before I purchased it they showed me a sample piece that was very sturdy and very flexible. I didn't check what was in the box. Later that night I asked my son and husband to cut it out and set it up, which they did. My husband made a comment about how flimsy and it was. ??? was my reaction. I felt it the next day and it was nothing like what the sample was. I am kind of mad. I called the store to talk to the manager but she wasn't in so I spoke with the person who answered the phone. She told me the quality is just as good. I don't know anything about solar covers except how they work but nothing else. I did know I wanted the stiffer product so rolling it in wouldn't be a major pain, which it is with the new one. Now I am mad because I feel they are just trying to save face. Would I be safe to lecture the manager about retraining their staff to get to know their product because with all the pool stores out there I am done with this one and moving on? Does thickness depend on quality? The one I got is 11 mil. Will it hold in the warmth at night as we get pretty cool here. Thanks.

Yes I am angry with myself too for not being a smart consumer and putting the trust in someone else' hands. So here I am stuck with a PITA cover.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting