Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Approximate cost of pool cage rescreen?

Posted by gannet (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 1, 10 at 6:54

We're currently shopping for a home in the St. Petersburg/Bradenton area of Florida. A lot of the places we're looking at have pool cages that either need rescreening now or will soon. Can anyone tell me the very approximate cost of a top-quality rescreen? Obviously this is going to depend greatly on the size of the cage and other factors, but let's assume a smallish cage. On the last one we looked at, the property assessor's sketch showed it as 20x43. Just a rough estimate. $500? $2000? $5000? More?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Approximate cost of pool cage rescreen?

My screen person charges about $1.50 per sqft to rescreen. Your cost should be 20 x 43 x 1.50 = $1250. We live in Jacksonville. Hope this helps

o

Square footage of the actual screen panels? 20X43 would be just for the "roof" panels. You would need height for each of the walls, then work up the $$ for those too.

Or a general purpose square foot measured by floor space? In which case "never mind" (with apology to Emily Litella).

o

lbridges, I think you are correct. I forgot about the walls:(

o

In any case the screen should be good for about 10 yrs unless you have a good storm......

o

Hello readers,
Prices for rescreens vary greatly across Florida but in Central Florida you would find pricing from .70- $1.65 per square foot depending on the quantity of panels, accessibility to spline groove, screen type, size, and spline used. My company usually charges per panel when we are doing a repair and by the square foot for full rescreens. Usually it lands at around $1.00 per sq/ft for 18/14 mesh using Phifer screen which is of higher quality than other products out there.

Advice is always free so please do not hesitate to ask.

Christopher Hansen
CB Hansen Screen Repair LLC
Email: cbhansen@live.com
Mobile: 407.760.0278

Here is a link that might be useful: FB Business Page

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here