Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
automatic pool cover

Posted by kjd5 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 22, 10 at 23:33

what can you expect to pay for an automtic undertrack keyed pool cover. the pool is a 14x33. we have a bid for almost 7000...seems crazy?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: automatic pool cover

Your in the ballpark.
That may even be cheap in some areas.

o

In my area, as a builder, by the time I build the trough for it and the other costs associated with the cover, not to mention the cover and installation itself, $7000 is less than my cost.

o
actually....

Here in canada, $7000 is less than my cost for the cover alone, before installation or anything else. Ouch

o

In Long Island, NY, my 18x30 automatic cover was a few thousand more than that.

o

Who's covers are you using cascade?

On average we can do a average pool for $8-8500

We use aquamatic which typically cost a few dollars more.

o

Just a reminder - safety is paramont. $7000 or more is worth the peace of mind. Imagine how you would feel if a child or pet drown in the pool. I have an automatic cover and love it. Not the most attractive thing but at least I sleep at night.

o

we use cover pools

o

I'm from Ontario Canada and I'm paying 19999.00 plus tax just for the automatic cover from Coverstar. This includes the installation as well. It will be installed with my pool install so that the track is not seen.

o

Anyone can respond how they like their automatic pool cover? How much maintenance does it cost? How has it held up? Does it really help save you on chemicals?

o

I worked with this awesome company called Pool Guard. They have a lot of options for automatic Pool Covers. I included a link for everyone to check out.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pool Guard Information

o

Can you have pool ladders? None of the photos I see of pools with auto covers have ladders, slides or diving boards. They mostly seem to be rectangles also.

o

Yes you can below is what we install

Here is a link that might be useful: Hinged Pool ladder

o

Perfect solution thanks

o

My automatic pool cover and stairs showing the stairs and the auto cover under the lid cover.

This post was edited by mattwin on Sat, Jun 29, 13 at 22:55

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here