Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Am I crazy? Thinking about doing grey plaster over pebble tec.

Posted by periwinkle18 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 21, 11 at 23:14

Same story, different round. Have been trying to pick between Carribean blue pebble tec, french grey pebble sheen. But - I was wondering if I should do a grey plaster. Budget allows for pebble sheen.

Am I crazy? From a looks perspective, love the French grey pebble sheen. From a durability perspective, like the idea of Pebble Tec. Pool guy says he doesn't think pebble sheen is really worth the extra money, as it sometimes starts to look dirty and mottle after a few years - he thinks Pebble Tec is the best, looks like new after 10 years.

Which got me thinking, why not just do grey plaster if I like the look? Cost is good, will have my pool professionally maintained, love the look and the smoothness.

Any thoughts? Amy I crazy for thinking about plaster over pebble?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Am I crazy? Thinking about doing grey plaster over pebble tec

I think your pool guy is crazy :)

If mottling is a concern, stay far away from colored plaster, including grey.

Pebble Sheen / Pebble Tec (the real things) will both look great years and years down the road if installed correctly.

It' all relative to your situation. If spending the extra is not a concern, stick with sheen. I will add that some certain projects of mine look better with a colored plaster than they do a sheen...some tuscan style homes and french chateau projects needed that old world mottling look.

o

I personally do not like Pebble Tec. Far too coarse for me. I had 3M Quartz Plaster in my prior pool and loved that. Much better on your feet!

Go with what you like. Bottom line is, you're the one that has to live with it.

o

Thanks for the comments. I am intrigued by the thought of the 'old world mottling look' in theory, but not sure what it would look like in reality.

My sister has a medium gray plaster pool, and it looks really pretty. She has small steps, and the pool is fairly deep, so it's not as if you are looking at shallow water much. This is somewhat the case for my pool too.

Maybe I will just go for the pebble sheen french grey. I saw a pool with this and loved it.

o

i just had quartzscapes quartz installed and i like it so far. they have a french grey color. good compromise between smoothness and durability imo.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here