Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Pool Project in Atlanta

Posted by mjplus2 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 17, 12 at 23:08

I have been checking out the boards here for about 6 months and finally decided to go for it and convert our ugly backyard. We have sloping toward the house, hills and valleys, and erosion which can be seen from outerspace. The original plan was to build the pool right after the house was built but the economy had other plans for us. We're not independently wealthly but we only have a few more years at home with our teenager and decided to launch the dream - they grow up so fast. Anyway, the idea breaks down as follows:
35'x19'
Raised rear wall of pool 3'
Depth 4' x 6.5'
250,000 BTU Natural Gas Heater
Grading and Compaction and additional Grading for providing a valley for drainage
Grotto with ledge below waterfall
Pool slide (custom with tile finish)
3' x 5' Waterfall on top of raised wall
3 Gushers (bubblers) on Ledge plus additional pump
5' x 9' Tanning shelf with Flagstone
2 Lights with color change
Remote Control
2 H.P. 2 speed pump
580 sq. ft. cartridge filter
Pool alarm
Slab for pump and filter
One row of flagstone coping around pool
Shallow end steps as needed
(2) Anti-vortex main drains
(1) Deep-throat skimmers
(6) Mirage Aqua Flo Return Lines
Digital Control Panel
Freeze control
6" of water line tile
Overflow evacuation system
Additional electrical sub panel
500-Watt Light
Maintenance Equipment: 16' pole, Brush, Leaf net, Vacuum, Hose, Test Kit, Start-up chemicals
2" Plumbing throughout pool suction
# 3 Steel Re-barb throughout
4,000 PSI Shot-Crete Shell
Jandy Neverlube Plumbing Valves

Seems like a lot but I just cut and pasted the contract info. I am open to feedback as they laid out the pool this morning and will be back tomorrow for the main event.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Pool Project in Atlanta

* The heater is small for your size pool.

* Gunite slides look better but you get more speed out of a glass or polymer one

* What remote?

* I don't see any decking

* You have a good many returns for a 1 pump system with a waterfall.

* I feel you need 2 skimmers on that size of pool

* Waterfall seems small for a Grotto

o

Thanks sceadu. I didn't make it very clear but there are actually 2 pumps. I'm glad you mentioned it in your reply because I was concerned about the heater (although we are in Atl) and waterfall size so I'll ask the PB tomorrow. Also need to ask about the number of skimmers. I'm not sure if he's only doing 1 skimmer because of the bubblers on the other end of the pool. The decking is flagstone (crab orchard?). We were thinking about using glass tiles on the slide...think this will make it faster?

o

may I ask who you contracted to build the pool?

Regardless of features, A pool that size needs 2 skimmers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here