Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
CL free or fusion

Posted by caldwellgirl (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 22, 12 at 22:22

i have had several PBs come and give quotes. One of them likes the CL free system which uses a copper mineral purification another PB likes using a fusion system which combines chlorine and mineral for purification. I was leaning towards a salt water system before I was introduced to these other systems. Any thoughts or experiences with these systems?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: CL free or fusion

I don't like either. I prefer plain salt cells.

Mineral feeders like Nature2 add copper and silver. Chlorine is faster than both so neither add to chlorine's capabilities. Neither will reduce the amount of chlorine a pool needs. The Fusion system adds it to the salt cell. The manufacturer and dealer want the money for new cartridges twice a year and the cartridges are quite expensive and needless.

CL-Free adds copper ions. While it can reduce the chance of algae, it can stain, causing blonds to have green streaks in their hair, green decks, etc... There is no other residual left in the pool so person to person transmission of things like eye, ear, and skin infections can happen. IMHO, they are dangerous to people. Whoever is selling it, avoid doing business with them. They don't care about anything but the money.

Thoroughly read the following thread link at the bottom in which CL-Free and I got into it. I think you will see what I mean.

Here is a link that might be useful: CL-Free vs Reality

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here