Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
width of fiberglass pool... struggling

Posted by btaylor001 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 13, 13 at 22:15

Hello-
We are meeting with pool builders these next few weeks. We love the low maintenance of a fiberglass pool and are leaning towards the Whitsunday which is Barrier Reef's largest pool at a length of 40 feet and width of 16 feet. Of the 16 feet of width, 15 feet and 4 inches is what is actually usable swimming room. We think 20 feet wide would be ideal... but then are committing to a concrete pool as the fiberglass doesnt come that wide. This will be the first pool we have ever owned- neither my husband or I grew up w a pool. We have researched for hours... does anyone have the Whitsunday that can give us insight as to what it "feels" like at that width? Do you wish it was wider or is it just fine?
We want to get it right the first time... We drew it out in the backyard and it looked narrow but one of the PB said it would any pool would be very small looking when drawn out like that even a 20 foot width one.
Any insight at all would be much appreciated!
Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: width of fiberglass pool... struggling

We have a Viking fiberglass pool. It is 16x40 and the pool is just perfect for us. Yes we would like an extra foot or two, but its all good for us in the end and we don't notice frankly.

o

Rpram- have you had any glaring issues w the fiberglass pool? Is it possible to post a photo of it? Thank you for weighing in!

o

We have a San Juan Stardust model - 16 x 38. Width is a non-issue, and we've had many in it at once for parties. I've posted the installation video... maybe it might help?

Here is a link that might be useful: San Juan Fiberglass Pool Installation - Stardust Model

o

I have to concur that the pool will look really small when it's drawn out in your yard.
I nearly panicked at the "tiny" orange-painted outline - but now our completed pool is "huge".
It's an optical illusion!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here