Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
konaconnie

Infinity Pool / When pump on, fresh water added

konaconnie
12 years ago

Hi!

I recently bought a house in Kona with an infinity edge pool. Every time the pump runs, the trough drains and new water (city utility company) is added. I noted the water meter numbers before the pump turned on (which ran for about 4 hours) and then immediately after. No other water was consumed at my house (no showers, no sprinklers, no dishwasher, etc). 1,280 gallons of water was pumped into the pool. I must have a leak, but don't see any water on the ground, behind the infinity wall or near the pump or decking. I know the trough is supposed to drain, flow to the filter, the enter the pool and then the pool water flows over the edge back into the trough. Not sure why I'm using so much water. My water bills have been awfully high. Any advice is appreciated. My pool guy thinks there is a leak, but not much help other than stating that and wanting to call an expert in Hilo that checks for leaks. I have been gathering data points for the last 3 days and have many measurements I have put into an Excell spreadsheet. Net, every time the pump runs, the fresh water valve turns on and runs to fill the trough until the pump turns off. Thanks, Connie

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting