Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pentair minimax nt tsi w/ddtc won't start

Posted by JMarko (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 4, 14 at 20:25

My Minimax NT TSI w/DDTC does not start. The green power button is lit up on the DDTC but the display only shows "OFF". No error code is shown, but the heater never starts. Is it possible that the thermister probe (part number 471566) is bad ? But if so, shouldn't there be some error code?

If I turn off completely, the screen reads 888. When I turn it back on, the Power LED illuminates and the screen reads OFF. No matter if I use Pool Mode, Spa Mode, or Remote Mode, the heater never starts.

Any suggestions?

This post was edited by JMarko on Fri, Jul 4, 14 at 20:28

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pentair minimax nt tsi w/ddtc won't start

I did some more troubleshooting of this problem. When attempting to run the heater, I found that the green power light stays lit continuously (as it should), but the display is reading "OFF". After 30 seconds or so, the Pressure Switch green light comes on for only a few seconds. During this brief time, the screen display shows "- - -". Then, the Pressure Switch green light goes out and the screen displays "OFF". After another 30 seconds or so, the Pressure Switch light again turns on, the screen shows "- - -". After a few seconds, the Pressure switch light goes out and the screen again shows "OFF". This process keeps repeating, but there is no error code.

Does anyone have an idea about what could be causing this problem or what needs to be fixed? It would be much appreciated.

o

I replaced the thermister probe (part number 471566) and the water temperature sensor (P/N 520272), which was reading 10°F low. Neither of these items fixed the problem.

Any recommendations about what to troubleshoot next?

o

After troubleshooting this problem further with a Pentair technician, the control board was replaced. Now, the display only reads "OFF". There is no longer any cycling or water temperature reading. The green power light is on.

Any suggestions, please?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here