Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Pool Build in Oklahoma

Posted by SpeisFamily (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 4, 12 at 20:00

So we are finally ready to put a pool in. I will try to post pics weekly on this thread of the progress. We had a few obstacles to overcome. Our yard is fairly narrow (27ft x 60ft). We also have a 3.5ft down grade. We have a 10ft easement on the back and 5ft on the sides and near windows. We have chosen to go with Pristine Pools as they were the most knowledgeable and professional. We actually went and looked at one of the pools they just completed (my co-worker) which was close to the same size we have chosen. We were very impressed not only with the work but with the satisfaction of the customer.

13ftx31ft gunite pool with 6ftx5ft spa with spillover
3ft in the shallow end and 6.5ft in the deep
18in Raised Bond Beam on front
24in Reverse Bond Beam Wall on backside
Jandy equipment
2 hp motor
4 cartridge filter
200,000 btu heater
Ozone system
4 returns
Cool deck
Oklahoma flagstone coping

We will begin in roughly 2 weeks. PB estimates build was only take five weeks from start to finish. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. We are a little worried this will be too small. We have a family of 4 but would like to hold pool parties as well. We thought we had enough room to do 14ft wide pool but PB said (after we told him price we needed to stay close to) that the 10ft easement was from fence to waters wall not waters edge? Not sure, as I know every city is different. Thanks guys for any suggestions you might have.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Pool Build in Oklahoma

The rendering the PB did at the house.

o

IMHO You will be fine. We have a 10 x 20ft pool and we have parties all the time. Check this out, 27 people enjoying our pool.
Photobucket

o

Oh wow, it will be larger than I imagined. Looks like a great pool party!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here