Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carltonfamily5

Delurking to share our new pool!!

carltonfamily5
16 years ago

Hey guys!! I'm super excited to delurk and show off our new pool. They finished acid washing the pebble around 10am this morning and it's been filling up since. We've taken our little ones down into it to splash around already and all of us are sooo excited that this day is finally here.

Hope you dont mind if I share some pics...

Excavation started back on May 11th...

Plumbing, Steel & Electric was done the week of the 14th...

Shotcrete the following week...

Cantilever Concrete Decking Poured...

Tile and Flagstone Coping around Spa Installed...

Kool Deck & Clean Up...

Blue Granite PebbleSheen & Fill Today July 13th...

I have to tell you, I just discovered this forum about 3 weeks ago and I wish I had been here all along to share the process as it was happening. Better late than never tho and we cant wait to start this baby up!

Still to come...

Start Up and Landscaping being done Monday, July 16th

Orientation Appointment mid-week.

I'll definitely update this post with more photos once we're all done! Thanks so much for sharing our excitement and for providing such a fun place to come read :)

Robin

Comments (13)

• boogerhead
    16 years ago

Absolutely beautiful!!! May you and your family enjoy it as much as we do! Congrats.

• eimea
    16 years ago

Thanks for sharing your progress... your pool looks great. I really like the umbrellas on the deck, what a great idea. Enjoy!!!

• banana_fanna
    16 years ago

What is your tile?

And what type of decking is that.

Again, beautiful pool and congratulations.

Please post pics again when the pool is full & the water is stabilized. Blue Granite is on our short list. Thanks.

• tagprod
    16 years ago

Ditto - nice pool. I hope you and the family really enjoy it.

• snookums
    16 years ago

Looks really good!! Do tell, what are your pool and your yard dimensions? Looks like you are part of the small pool/small yard club (like me!) My pool is 14x25 and my yard is 23x50. Where do you live? Looks like somewhere in CA (like me as well). I'm in Orange County. Who was your builder? I wanted cantilever so badly but couldn't find a builder to do it. I love its clean lines.

More pictures please!!

• carltonfamily5
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!! To answer some questions...

Banana the tile is from NPT Pool Tile and is part of their Tibet line. We got the TBMulti, it also comes in blues. The decking is acrylic lace concrete in Tea & Cream...we cant believe that it's actually not too hot to walk on here in AZ :)

Which brings me to snookums! We're in AZ, former OC natives tho!! Our yard is 22 x 47ish and the pool is 14x31 with a 7' spa. The backyard is pretty much all pool but we LOVE it! Here's a peek at the patio side of the deck pre-just about everything :D

More pics soon, I promise!!

Both the pool and spa are full now (only took 8 hours or so to fill with 2 hoses), so we're just waiting for start up and Monday can't get here soon enough! It's going to be a busy day as our landscaping is going to be installed that day too!! Can't wait :)

• waitingtoswim
    16 years ago

Lucky you! Pool looks great! I was getting ready to ask if it was in AZ when I first started looking at your pics, as I thought it looked like it, thats were I am at too. I am trying to find someone to do my plaster or pebble or something depending on some advice I can get hopefully here. I want a med blue but not the roughness of pebble, and hear some say the Peb sheen is smooth, others say its not. What says you? :) Who did you use by the way or did I miss that?

• houseful
    16 years ago

I knew that was AZ :) Looks really, really great! Believe it or not, that deck will still be too hot on certain days. With these monsoon winds, make sure you put those umbrellas down when your not out there. Ask me how I know, LOL!

• carltonfamily5
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I'm back as promised with pics of the landscaped, filled and balanced pool. We are absolutely LOVING being pool owners...it's the best money we've spent in a long time!

The little ones are loving it, it's soo easy to take care of and it feels soo great to just jump in there and enjoy the afternoon. Can I also mention what a relief it is to have a backyard that is gorgeous to look at - we've been in our new build house since 2002 and this is the first time we've had a yard my husband and I want to actually go out and enjoy.

Gonna try to take a post night pics later :) Thanks so much for looking!
    Robin

• K Jensen
    16 years ago

Robin: Looks excellent! I wish I had thought of putting umbrella sleeves around the the outside of our pool... that's brillant! I also like your double spillover from the spa; one onto the shelf and one into the pool proper. Now that our pool is finished I think I'm going to have to stop looking at other pools... it kills to see stuff I like and now can't incorporate!

Congrats on a great pool. Enjoy!

• kajones2
    16 years ago

Looks gorgeous!! Love the extra umbrellas.

• fauxnecian
    16 years ago

Beuatiful pool & yard Robin! Smart idea on the multiple umbrella sleeves! You really came up with a great design for your space. You are probably lucky not to find this forum until after, seems the more knowledge/resources we have the more we over think it. :)

Funny, like Swiming07, I easily recognized the AZ stucco home & scaping. :) I am in Phoenix.

• beachdiva
    16 years ago

Nice pool! Great use of space and materials. It looks very inviting. I understand completely about enjoying the outdoor space now. We're never inside anymore, and don't want to do anything on the weekends so we can stay home and enjoy the pool!! The family time is priceless. Thanks for sharing.