Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nick_r_gw

HELP with pool deck dilemma!

Nick_R
12 years ago

Hello,

I currently have a pretty big project going on in my backyard which includes a 38x18 gunite pool, 24x16 cabana/outdoor kitchen and 10x12 pergola. The pool is in and we are in the middle of building the cabana right now. When we poured the cement decking around the pool, we poured it 1/2" lower than the pool to allow for porcelain tile to be installed as decking on top the concrete. Well the time has come to get estimates on laying the tile and the first quote I get is 16k for labor!! This is for about 1200 sqft! I was expecting somewhere between 2.50 to 3.50/sqft! With that being said, im getting more quotes, but now im scared they will all come back way out of the ballpark! My gut is telling me now that I will end up going with spray deck b/c I cant afford to pay that much for installation of tile! My problem is the 1/2" lip around the coping tile if I go that route....Is it possible to do some kind of overlay to raise the current concrete level? or should I think about just doing a gradual slope from the tile? or just not worry about the lip and live with it?! Any help or advice would be appreciated... Thanks!

Comments (9)