Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jfnewhouse

old fiberglass hot tub: replace? evaluate?

jfnewhouse
10 years ago

Hi,
We just bought a new house. It has an outdoor fiberglass hot tub that is around 13 years old. It's the style where it's a fiberglass tub, and the machinery is located farther away in the garden. When we got the house, the tub was not in use and had some nasty water, which we have drained. We made sure it was covered under the home warrantee. After draining and drying it, the tub looks fairly sad. No evidence that it is non-working, but some plastic parts in the tub (drain covers etc) look like the plastic is somewhat aged looking, probably ready to crack. Plus it basically looks outdated.
Question: Assuming that all the machinery is fine (warrantee would cover repairs), what's the approximate cost for swapping out the old deteriorating tub with a newer one? Which brands would be the top ones to look at? What do I watch out for when I start my shopping? Not looking for an all-inclusive model- just a swap for the tub. It's a very standard looking size, and circular. Due to the way it integrates with the side of the deck, I need to keep same size and shape.
thanks!!

Comments (2)