Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Deck jets and bubblers

Posted by jackty (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 9, 11 at 18:43

Would someone be willing to educate me a little. I hear people say that they love their deck jets, which in photos look like the squirting fountains at Epcot (IMHO). Why do you love them? It seems like you would just get squirted by them all the time. Am I missing something? Do they serve a function or just for aesthetics?

I have a similar question about bubblers. I've seen them on some sunshelfs (in photos) and they look cool, but what is their purpose? Is it just something for the kids to play in? Do people keep the bubblers and deck jets running all the time? Thanks for answering some/all of my questions.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Deck jets and bubblers

jackty...we have 3 bubblers in our beach and 3 deck jets shooting from between boulders around the pool...picture below. We also have 2 aerators which are located in 2 of the boulders and shoot a fan shaped pattern of water.

In addition to being nice to look at we've found some funtional uses as well.

Below are some of them in no particular order

As they say, you're mileage may vary.

Bubblers

1. Nice foot massage when sitting in a chair with feet over 2 of the bubblers.
2. Kids love to play with them..plugging 1 or 2 of the 3 with their hands makes the others go higher and lower
3. plugging and unplugging them also makes the deck jets "dance" because their on the same circuit.
4. kids and adults play with them and let their legs and arms get massaged

Deck Jets

1. While in the pool, let the jet stream land on the head and shoulders...relaxing.
2. kids like to plug and unplug...same effect as above
3. During summer months, the deck jets can be ran at night time to cool the pool (important here in Louisiana)...the aereators also provide more cooling effect because of the larger surface area of the spray.
4. One recent use the kids found...they can use the deck jet nozzles to fill up water balloons.

Hope this helps.

Photobucket

o

I have a bubbler on my sunshelf. I've noticed that that bubbler helps move the water (and sediment) off of the shelf and back into the flow of the pool - for the cleaner/skimmer to pick up.

o

Thank you both for the explanations and the picture. That clears things up for me. I appreciate your help.

o

We have the laminar deck jets. The kids, big and small, love them. At night, they are lit and are quite lovely to look at. From a functional standpoint, we are on a corner lot, and they help to mitigate any road noise. Hope this helps.

o

It does, thank you nylsor107.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here