Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hayward air relief valve leaking

Posted by bberger (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 14, 11 at 18:40

Anyone out there ever cracked open a manual air relief valve for a Hayward Pro grid DE? I don't see how it might come apart. Mine's leaking and I don't want to spend a hundred bucks for a new one. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hayward air relief valve leaking

Leaking from where on the assembly?

Scott

o

I'ts leaking from under the top lid. The manual bleed valve is located on the side on mine. Opposite side from the pressure gauge. The protective filter material that covers the "ping pong ball" inside is history. I tried to remove the cage that houses the ball but it won't budge. Pulled one of the two clips that appear to hold it in. It promptly snapped off. Even with that missing, the cage isn't moving. the "O" ring inside that the ball seals on appears to be OK. The leak is just a trickle, but it's kind of irritating. Thanks

o

I think this is what you are referring to but the description you offered seems off:

Photobucket

Did you perhaps mean this one?

Photobucket

Scott

o

I think mine is a little older. The second pic is what I termed the manual bleed valve (cock valve). It's located on the side (not the top). My top is a plain cap. The leak is from under that cap. Thanks again.

o

Please post a pic. What you are describing doesn't match what I would expect.

Is your tank brown or tan?

Scott

o

Did you ever receive a final answer about the leaking Air Relief Valve? I have the same style that you described and mine is also leaking.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here