Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
FiberStar Led Light on Red Does Not Light Pool

Posted by doyline (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 30, 11 at 17:33

We have 3 FiberStar Led High Power Mulit Color Lights in our pool and when they go to Red they do not light up the pool. You can see the red light if you are standing right in front of it, but they do not project any light, the pool goes dark. The other colors light up the whole pool and we can see everything. Is this normal?? Shouldnt the red light, light up the pool just like the green and blue??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: FiberStar Led Light on Red Does Not Light Pool

Sounds like a new pool.
Have you called your builder? I would start there.......

o

Not exactly. The color red has a shorter "reach" than the other colors. Someone should come along to give you a more technical explanation, but if the LED's are only showing red, it'll surely be darker than the other colors, and very well won't fill the pool with color. Our SAVI LED's red color is called "Magenta", and is actually a mixture of red and blue... which gets some more color into the pool, but is definitely the darkest of the five colors it circles through.

o

It is a new pool, and I did start with the PB supervisor. He said you (meaning me,) can pull the lights out of the pool wall , the cord should reach the deck, (his words) and change some switch in there if I dont like the color. I was was just wanting to know if this was normal before I made another battle over something. Thanks jerseypool, I think he said something about Magenta I will start this battle slowly!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here