Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pool Remodel

Posted by Phixius07 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 21, 14 at 17:22

I am looking to buy a house in Keller, TX and my wife and I want a pool with a hot tub. I feel like it would be cheaper to buy a house with a pool and then remodel it to be exactly what we want rather than buying a house with no pool and designing and building a custom pool from scratch. First of all, is my logic sound in thinking a remodel would be cheaper? I know the materials can vary, but assuming you were to use the same materials on your remodel that you would if you built from scratch? Is there anything that I should watch out for when looking at houses with pools? Any common pitfall or issues that could prevent me from being able to remodel? Can anybody give me a rough estimate of a price range on a remodel and a new build? Thanks in advance for your help!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pool Remodel

I live in Palm Springs Ca.
We bought a a home last August that had no pool yet knew we wanted a small one that fits our lifestyle.
A large old tree had to be removed at a cost of $800, artificial grass $3,000, some upgrades that included concrete pads, iridecent glass tile, pebble sheen with abalone (love).
Our pool is small, 10x28, spa and 8x12 baja tanning shelf. The cost was close to $39,000.

A friend has an older pool plaster pool...no spa. Their quote to add one a few years ago was $25,000.

Much good fortune finding your new digs!
Deborah

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here