Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rappraiser

Best Beach Entry Color?

rappraiser
14 years ago

I am in the process of picking out the plaster color for our new pool. The pool color will probably be Pebble Tec Midnight Blue but I don't know what color to go with for the beach entry. Most of the beach entry's I have seen have been a sand color which is great but I have noticed that it definitely makes the pool look small and I think it will clash with my Travertine decking & coping. The Midnight Blue is a little too dark for me for such a shallow area and I think it will defeat the purpose of the beach. I was thinking of going with Tahoe Blue for the beach. Does anyone have pics or seen the combination of Midnight Blue with Tahoe Blue Beach? Do you think this would go together? I would appreciate any recommendations on colors or pictures of beach entry's..

Comments (14)

• sceadu
    14 years ago

What about stoneing the entry or use a thinner travertine tile?

• rappraiser
    Original Author
    14 years ago

That is another option I have thought about. Do you think the travertine would be ok with saltwater? If not is there a stone other than flagstone that you could recommend?

• sceadu
    14 years ago

Here is a picture of one I did last year with Travertine deck Stone coping and a "Odie" entry with stone. This couple has a huge Newfoundland. They wanted an easy way for Odie to gain access to the pool without worrying about steps. Hence the name Odie entrance.

• whitetrash
    14 years ago

that is a beautiful pool. what is the finish type/color inside the pool? absolutely stunning.

• sceadu
    14 years ago

The interior is Pebble Tec Midnight Blue

• whitetrash
    14 years ago

thank you for the reply. i'm saving this photo in my folder of inspiration pools.

• stkgator
    14 years ago

Our pool has gold travertine decking, coping, and water tile. The sun shelf and spa are StoneScapes mini-pebble Sand. The rest of the pool is Midnight Blue.

I believe that the dark colored finishes in the shallow areas (sun shelf and spa) don't look that attractive. Where as the Sand color looks more realistic.

• jenno_tx
    14 years ago

I'm a fan of stone on beach entries, but it's really all just a matter of personal preference. If I didn't go with stone I personally would do whatever color is on the rest of the pool, but again, that's just me! :)

Sceadu, the odie pool is AMAZING! Omg, if ONLY I could have such a beautiful pool.....what type of stone is that? And it looks like an enhancing sealer has been applied? If so, can you tell me which one?
    THANKS!

• Txjay J
    14 years ago

The "Odie" pool is awesome, exactly what we want for "Ripley's" pool (she's our old chocolate lab) - very nice sceadu. Is the shelf/entry travertine? If so would flagstone work since our coping will be flagstone and the decking some kind of cool deck. My husband wonders about the affect of pool chemicals on the stone and if the stone grouted in place (like tile) or set into concrete.
    We agree with the other posters that the PebbleTec or PebbleSheen look very nice in the deeper water, but on a shelf the color appears very dark. We'd been thinking of a light PebbleSheen on the shelf, but are now considering the "Odie" option.

• sceadu
    14 years ago

The coping and Sunshelf are both finished in Flagstone. The deck is Travertine. We seal all of our shells and our coping. The sushelf Flag was sealed as well. Salt does tend to break down natural stone but now that we seal our stone it has been holding up well. Travertine would be very slick underwater unless you sealed it with a non slip sealer.

• lorriekay
    14 years ago

I know I shouldn't covet - but .... that pool!

• sceadu
    14 years ago

Thanks yo all that compimented The "Odie" pool. Here is the rest of it. The photos are a little washed due to all the light colors of the materials and the bright Georgia sun.

• Jose Flores
    8 years ago

What color and pattern was used for the travertine deck?