Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
huntnfish_gw

Stonescape prices

huntnfish
16 years ago

We are having a pool built by Preferred Pools in Kemah Texas. We are thinking about getting Stonescape plaster instead of the orginal white we had payed for. The pool company wants $4500.00 extra to add Stonescape, does this sound like a good price?

Also how do you like the Stonescape (colors, texture and warranty). Send pictures please.

Comments (15)

• jslwkl
    16 years ago

We were quoted 3500 for an upgrade from Marcite to wet edge primera or satin matrix, level 1 color. To move to the Satin Matrix was going to be about 4k for a level 1 color (generally the lighter tones). This is for a 490 Sq. foot pool, 90' perimeter, and 17k gallon capacity.

Bill in Clear Lake

• huntnfish
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks for the information Bill, I looked at a pool last night in our neighbor hood with Pebble tec and in was to dark for me (not sure on the color, maybe Tahoe Blue). Does anyone have any pictures with some of the lighter colors that stonescape has? like Aqua blue, Aqua white or Irish Mist

• tinabinabobina
    16 years ago

I don't have information as far as pricing, our PB also uses stonescapes. The website isn't very user friendly, nor very informative, it lacks pictures big time, but if you go to www.nptgonline.com then click on finishes/plaster, when you get to stonescapes page, the left corner says NPT Tile & Stone/Pool Finishes/BBQ Island, click on any of those and it will take you to a page where click on photo gallery. Unfortunately aqua blue is not on there, but you can see some of the other commonly used colors, (tahoe, carribean). I really like aqua blue from pebble tec, which is called aqua white from stonescapes, we were originally going to go with sandy beach, but after going to our local home and garden show this weekend, we really want that refreshing, inviting aqua blue water. I called stonescapes yesterday to get warranty information, they aren't very informative and constantly refer you to your PB, but my understanding is that it is a 5 year warranty. Hope that helps.

Tina

• fauxnecian
    16 years ago

Here is my pool in Stonescapes caribbean blue. Sorry I don't have the full pool shots yet, my chems aren't quite balanced yet.

Close-up of my stone (and a dip they are supposed to repair.)

The water color is kind of turquoise. A very pretty blue with a hint of darkness, but not at all too dark. I can see the bottom very clearly. HTH!

• fauxnecian
    16 years ago

I am in Phoenix, AZ, large diving pool with attached spa. We went with Stonescapes mini pebble, 10 yr warranty.

From my invoice:
    Pool perimeter:85
    Spa perimeter: 19
    Internal area: 900

Pool cost: $5171
    Spa cost: $575

That was with a discount, originally was $5571.70 & $575.

Pebble sheen pool/spa: $6570/$850

Wet Edge Peral Matrix Pool/spa: $5775/$1050.

• charocfl
    16 years ago

Hi, I will also be refinishing my pool soon & am also looking for this info along with opeinions, experience with Beadcrete finish. See my post at:
    Anyone used Beadcrete ® surface finishes in their pool?
    ref: http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/pools/msg0712081114915.html
    I live in central FL & have located online a retailer in Longwood FL who has beadcrete & hope to check it out one daty soon.

National Pool and Tile
    150 National Place, Suite 150
    Longwood, FL 32750
    Ph: (407) 834-4494

Char O.

Here is a link that might be useful: Beadcrete home page

• russrimm
    16 years ago

We just had a pool built in Cypress, TX by A&S and got stonescapes thrown in for free (i'm sure we paid for it somehow) because it was their 60th anniversary and we were supposedly one of the first 5 to buy a pool during their open house. When they originally quoted us the stonescapes on our 30x14 it was going to be about $3500. When originally knocked it off the bid because it was too much, but getting it free in the end was a bonus for us. We also picked the caribbean blue and like it so far. You're welcome to come check it out!

• osorry1
    16 years ago

They just finished the Stonescape mini pebble in Midnight Blue (with extra black in the plaster to make it more like Pebble Sheen Ocean Blue). Pool is still filling, no chemicals, but looks like they will come close to the Ocean Blue, $7000 pool and spa (I'm now realizing I was so overcharged for everything in this pool)

Remy takes the first dip

Pets Celebrate new pool

• huntnfish
    Original Author
    16 years ago

The PB has told us that we can also get Wet Edge for the same price and he is telling us it is better than Stonescape. Has anyone had the Wet Edge installed and comments, pictures please.

• gd2garden
    16 years ago

Here are some pics of our Stonescapes mini pebble Tahoe Blue. We're happy with the color.

• desertfix
    16 years ago

A word of caution about using Preferred Pools in Kemah, TX. They started building a pool for us in the spring, and we are still trying to get them to finish up the final details. I recommend withholding about 5-10% of the total cost until after final inspection and you are completely satisfied. We gave them the final check almost 4 months ago, when is was close to being done, and the quality and effort they put forth pretty much disappeared immediately. I've tried to talk to the owner to resolve it, but no luck. Hopefully you've had better luck than me.

• celtics18
    14 years ago

fauxnecian,

Can you send me pictures of your StoneScape Caribbean Blue?
    Are you happy with the mini pebble?
    Is it too rough for a play pool and kids?

• Angnjam
    10 years ago

gd2garden, how did you install that basketball hoop next to the pool? Did you put it in a sleeve? Was it built for a pool install or did you cut it off a regular hoop and install it there? We'd like to use our regular hoop and install it next to pool, but don't know quite how to do it. Like your design by the way.

• bunster77
    4 years ago

tropic blue for a really nice tropic blue midnight blue for deep darker blue and Tahoe is more of a grey blue. I like tropic blue.