Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
diyspa

Waterway Jet Selection help needed

diyspa
13 years ago

We are nearing the plaster phase of our spa install and I need to pick Jets. We have the Waterways Tee body installed and I'm trying to figure out the difference between the Power Storm and the Poly Storm series of jets. I cannot find the description anywhere including the waterways web page.

Also does anyone have any of the Poly Storm Jets installed? Which ones and do you like them? They have 8 different models.

Thanks,

DIYSPA

Comments (9)

• mas985
    13 years ago

I can't tell you which one's to get but make sure your plumbing and pump are big enough to support what ever you choose. Some of the fancier jets require a lot of flow rate to work properly and occasionally people will put them on plumbing that won't support them and are very disappointed.

• diyspa
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I left a message for the waterways rep and he had his technical person call me. The Power Storm jets have a larger face plate and also offer different internal nozzle sizes for different flow rates. The Poly Storm jets have a smaller face and offer 10 gpm rate nozzles.

They agreed that there is no consumer related documentation at all that describes this.

I picked the Poly Storm and have 8 jets total. I picked 4 pairs of different type of jets to see what they feel like. The good thing about the poly storm jets is that you just have to twist them a bit to remove them and you can replace them very easily. Once we get them in I'll post our opinion of each type.

• just-a-pb
    13 years ago

The Poly storms are the best.
    You dont get alot of presure from some of the massaging ones. If you are using a blower with them, dont over size it as they cant take a lot of pressure.
    Do you have the rest of the parts. The Jet itself actually installs after plaster.
    You need to set the plaster rings, (not easy with these) then you set up the 1" for proper depth and glue it together. Just follow the directions carefully.
    I am sure you have seen this but here is a link to the page with the parts.
    Also it is important to remove one of the control pieces so they all can not be shut off dead heading the pump. If you have kids this is possible.

Here is a link that might be useful: Go to page 40

• Rack Etear
    13 years ago

I still use the regular poly jets, after a short stint with the poly storms, and them constantly blowing out of the wall.

"Also it is important to remove one of the control pieces so they all can not be shut off dead heading the pump. If you have kids this is possible"

I have made a habit out of removing them all. They either close themselves, or the kids do, and I get the call that "my jets don't work.">

• just-a-pb
    13 years ago

Racket,
    I did have that issue early on in their production. Have not had it since. Storms look cooler, especially with the chrome accents.
    Only complaint I have ever had on them is from those who like to get bruised from their spa jets. These are not powerfull enough to cause pain.

• jeff_jeff
    13 years ago

We had a set of massaging Waterway jets. They were a complete joke. No power at all. Made the spa a huge disappointment.

PB agreed to replace them with a higher flow version of the Waterway jets that have a single nozzle that swivels. Much better, however if you are looking for a lot of power you are probably best to go with a standard eyeball jet.

Also make sure you do not do a venturi line to the jets. Make sure your blower plugs into the air line that feeds the jets.

• Rack Etear
    13 years ago

If you want power, pop a waterway monster jet in the wall fitting it will blow away any venturi tee.

• rezarek
    11 years ago

I just finished some repairs on my hot tub. I installed an additional poly storm jet. I now want to change jet inserts. But I'm unable to remove the present insert. Could you review the removal technique/

• Chris Dovlatyan
    8 years ago

I would like to know your opinion of Poly Storm jets. I'm about to choose which one on my added Spa.