Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
womanowned_gw

Austin pool builder

womanowned
13 years ago

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a gunite pool builder in Austin, TX? I build in the Houston area, but have a cousin who wants to build in Austin.

Comments (19)

• upsideofdown
    13 years ago

We are in Austin and our pool builder is Ramon with Sun Springs Pools. We are just in the beginning stages, but so far so good. We selected him because he was referred by a friend and outdoor designer.

www.SunSpringsPools.com

Good Luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Sun Springs Pools

• mashmasher
    13 years ago

We used Cody pools and have been very happy. They were priced comparable to the other builders and they built it in a reasonable amount of time. We have had it slightly over a year and have had only a couple of issues which they promptly took care of.

• upsideofdown
    13 years ago

We did look into Cody and were pleased with initial discussions, but just as another data point, they were about 12k more than Sun Springs Pools.

• txpoolgirl
    13 years ago

WE are using Jaida Custom Pools and are happy so far! Gunite and tile are done and coping and decking this week.
    They came up with a great design and they aim to please.

• zlikezebra
    13 years ago

We are currently building a pool in Austin (steel/plumbing phase) with Starwood Pools. We did actually get quotes from multiple vendors (including Coty) but finally decided on Starwood.
    Coty is definitely a very professional outfit with some cool gadgets (like computer graphics of the design etc) but did feel a little bit too mass-market. Trying to steer us to some rather generic designs and selling us heavily on some expensive extras (like infloor cleaning system etc). Another concern was the ongoing pressure to sign the contract (x% rebate if you sign by xxx, or what about paying a refundable $5,000 down to lock in the start date etc). And they were on the high-end from a price point perspective as well.
    Starwood is a much smaller family outfit, but we really appreciated the custom design orientation, Steve took a lot of time to listen to what we were looking for and making improvement recommendations or sometimes pushing back (explaining why). Another factor was that compared to another bidder, they only use solid equipment (i.e. Pentair or Jandy) and that changes to the design (add 1 foot depth, move from pebbletec to pebblesheen etc.) did not immediately result in an increase in cost).
    It took us 6 months to decide on a design (and we went through several including multiple evening visits by Steve to our house) and sign the contract and we never felt pressured to make a call.
    So far we have been very pleased

Z.

• margestephen
    13 years ago

zlikezebra - Can you post pics of your pool when completed? We live in Round Rock and have been researching pool builders.

• mnauert
    13 years ago

We are using Mowry Pools and are still in the process. We interviewed several as well. They are typically a higher end builder but are expanding their business. We have been very happy with them.

• el_duderino
    13 years ago

We interviewed quite a few and I would be happy to share my experiences privately if anyone is interested.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Austin Pool Build

• ummgood
    13 years ago

El_duderino,

I am interested in your experiences. I am not sure how to send a private message on this board but I currently have 3 PB's lined up to come and do some designs for me this coming weekend. I would also like to get some input from your builder if possible.

Your pool build blog is great.

• wizard19
    13 years ago

Upsidofdown - How was your experience with Sun Springs? We are in need of a resurfacing job.

• fpetrini
    12 years ago

I used Texas Pools and Patios. They finished on schedule, and it exceeded my expectations. They were very attentive to any concerns I thought I had through out the process. In the end after adding several things throughout the build, much of what I added they ended up not charging me for. Initially I received four quotes and I felt most comfortable with them. They were all pretty close in pricing, with the exception of Cody which seemed to be about 15% higher.
    If I had to do it all over again I would not choose anyone different, I am very happy with the end result and ended up paying less then I had expected due to several items being cheaper than quoted on changes I asked for throughout. Highly recommend (and I have no connection to Texas Pools & Patios other than being a happy customer)

• austin_tx_pool12
    11 years ago

Hi womanowned, if you are still following, would you post who your cousin chose and how did the project turn out? Thx

• HarveyV
    11 years ago

I would be interested in hearing also if they are still in business. Any current reputable austin pool builders you guys can recommend?

Here is a link that might be useful: austin custom pool builders

• Austin-Poolbuilders
    11 years ago

I recently used a local, Austin area, pool company to install our new pool in Steiner Ranch. We used Josh at Austin-Poolbuilders.com because of his commitment to detail, his truly unique design, and the comfort level we felt with him and his company.

We compared his prices to other local companies and his prices were not the least expensive, nor the most expensive, but we felt we were getting the most bang for our buck.

I hope that helps)))

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.Austin-Poolbuilders.com

• Austin-Poolbuilders
    11 years ago

A quick follow up to your post, here is a video link for www.Austin-poolbuilder.com as well;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXP95YmIgf4

Many pool companies to choose from, and we loved the service Josh provided before, during and after the pool was installed as well.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.Austin-poolbuilder.com

• southofsa
    11 years ago

Wow Austin pool builders posted for the very first time on the day they registered! To put up a promo video on Austin pool builders! Glad I'm not in Austin.

Lisa - being just a little bit suspicious but maybe it's just me

• JW009
    10 years ago

Used Athena Pools no regrets. Wrapped up end of June. I was referred to them by some friends. Would choose them again. They also have a good reputation in the Austin area.

• nathanksmith
    10 years ago

CHeck out del Sol Pool & Patio. They are small however offer great service and are very attentive. They have built a few pools around the Bee Cave/Lakeway area.

Here is a link that might be useful: pool builder in bee cave area

• bsc123
    10 years ago

If you live in Austin, make SURE you have them PROVE to you your design can get a permit and not go over the Austin impervious cover limitations.

We had 4 PB's out for estimates. THREE of them drew up a pool and gave us estimates... and the pools were FAR above what the city would allow given our lot size etc.

The fourth PB showed us a spreadsheet with our exact lot dimensions showing the max size pool/deck we could build. when I showed this to the other three:

One didnt respond.
    One said "my bad you are right... ill get you a new design ASAP. Then never heard from him.
    The third said "we can fudge the numbers and get you to permit... you arent gonna sell your house anytime soon right?"

So we went with the fourth. Hesitant to share who they are until we get it completed... there are some things that need resolution....