Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spa heater won't stay on

Posted by skeeter_ca (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 10, 11 at 15:28

I have a Raypak rp21000 digital heater for my inground spa. When i turn it on it fires up and runs for about a minute then shuts off the flame and keeps trying to start back up but reset everytime the flame comes on. My display does not show anymore but that i can do with out at the moment. When it did work and this would happens intermittently and the display would read low pressure. Now the heater won't stay on at all.

I believe this is the pressure sensor.
[IMG]http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h221/skeeter_ca/pressuresensor.jpg[/IMG]

I tested it at the connector on the circuit board here.
[IMG]http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h221/skeeter_ca/Sensorconnector.jpg[/IMG]

It read an open circuit with pump on or off. Is this a variable sensor or a switch? I jumpered the circuit board pins to see if it would work and it did not(hope i didn't short the board out) Is the sensor bad? Does the computer need a certain resistance to work? Is there something else i should check?

Any help would be appriciated.

skeeter

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spa heater won't stay on

Gosh, darn it. The pictures aren't working from some reason.

The pressure sensor is a white item that screws into what looks like the water inlet side. It has two wires that go to the circuit board. On the circuit board it is labeled Pres. sensor with a negative and positive symbol for the wires.

skeeter

o
RE: Spa heater won't stay on

Ok, found a manual and the white thing is not the pressure switch. The one to the right of it is. I bypassed that and it still does not work. So i'm back to the drawing board. I still don't know what the white item is and what it does. Any ideas?

skeeter

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here