Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jdavenport_gw

Pebbletec or Quartzscapes

JDavenport
12 years ago

I am at the point to have my pool plastered in two weeks. Should I spend the extra for Pebbletech or go with Quartzscape? I do not want a dark color....we have some shade. Please help!!!

Comments (14)

• poolguynj
    12 years ago

Pebble is forever.

Scott

• David Felker
    12 years ago

If it is in your budget, go with Pebbletech - it is a proven and great product - more importantly, you are going to get a Pebbletech-certified installation. If it is not in your budget, go with quartz - it is not a bad choice... it is also a great product that holds up very well. Our pool has a quartz finish and it looks and feels outstanding.

• womanowned
    12 years ago

Pebbletec is a far superior product. Quartzscapes will attract takers because of the price, but beware that Quartzscapes does not come pre-mixed. It is mixed onsite and can result in some unevenness or mottling. There are more choices than just those 2

• megankheaps
    12 years ago

I love my Pebble Sheen by PebbleTec. I am so glad I spent the extra money. It is so worth it. I have aqua blue and it is not dark at all. To see pics check out the thread My MD Pool Build on page 1 or 2.

• brg88tx
    12 years ago

i'm having quartzscapes tier 1 color "blue" installed tomorrow. i'll let yall know how it turns out.

• lbphathead19
    11 years ago

how did the quartz turn out. Im debating between the 2

• thepoolexpert
    11 years ago

QuartzScapes merges beauty and strength for a stunning pool finish. Natural quartz is one of the world's strongest minerals and National Pool Tile QuartzScapes interior pool finishes create reliable beauty. I love my QuartzScapes finish

Here is a link that might be useful: QuartzScapes

• natural_one
    11 years ago

^quit copy and pasting and spamming. Multiple threads like this now plugging National Pool Tile products.

• Kristen L
    3 years ago

@brg88tx do you have a picture of your QuartzScapesBlue pool?

• hairsaviour
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Buyer beware!

We had our pool company use Quartzscapes on our $16,000 pool remodel. I know that is not on the highest end these days, but it was a good chunk for us. We wanted a darkish color, so chose a medium to dark grey. On the stairs and seat area, it is beautiful! i was expecting some mottling of color due to research, but we were not prepared for it to appear as if there is a very large, whitish spot covering the floor area of the shallow part...and two more such spots in the floor of the deep part.

They are incredibly noticeable... its all my eyes can focus upon. Some of our guests have even mentioned it, so we called the remodel co. and he came out to see it. He agreed that it wasn't what it was supposed to look like. They were told by the vendor that before they would do anything, my pool guys crew needed to do an acid wash. Though doubtful it would be enough to repair it, we agreed.

Yesterday that was done...only to leave it actually looking worse than before. Now, not only do we still have the whitish spots, but we alao have bad scratch marks where they attempted to do the wash. Not sure what they will do now...probably need to redo the plaster. If we have a voice in it (and we better) we would like to upgrade to the Pebble Tech finish. Some friends had their's done a few years ago...and even in this harsh Tx sun, looks great still.

PS: Our pool remodel co (who have a great rep here in DFW) confided in me they will no

longer be installing the Quartzscape plaster They have had too much trouble with the product and it has cost them too much money!

• aylin i
    last year
    last modified: last year

Buyer beware of Quartzscapes products! Our 1.5-year-old Quartzscapes French Grey replastered pool surface in Texas is as mottled and faded as our original 10-year-old regular plaster pool. The product crazed all over at installation after the acid wash. It subsided somewhat when the pool was refilled, but was always visible in the corners and shallow end. Within the last few months, the surface has white streaks, mottling and bleaching all over the sides and the bottom. Thankfully, our pool installer stands behind his company and is willing to redo the plaster. The most disturbing thing is Quartzscapes "warranty" states they don't cover fading, mottling, etc. They send people to test the water so they can shift the blame on either your installer or your pool maintenance company. Do not support this company. We're looking into PebbleTec next time.

• jsogill
    9 months ago

What company do we not support? Our pool contractor uses NPT for products and they carry both Pebbletec and Quartzscape - kind of thought they were made by the same people...I'm worried now reading this forum cause we are about to choose a pool finish and worried about picking the wrong material/color..

• ndavis0611
    8 months ago

@jsogill US also!! Im so worried now. What did you end up going with? Do you have pics?