Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
One Year later.......finally some finished photos....(DFW)

Posted by jenno_tx (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 5, 10 at 14:59

It has been one year since our journey began and I'm finally back to share some final photos! Thanks to everyone here for the advise and especially emotional support.....this process proved much more trying that I ever imagined and I do not want to go through it again anytime soon! We had some hiccups and issues but over all the PB was pretty good about resolution.

Since my last post we have had the existing patio capped in oklahoma flagstone, replaced the back fence and stained the fence, landscaped (do it yourself obviously) and just tried to get everything back in order. :)

Some of you may remember my grief over the mortar color...our PB ended up coming back, draining the pool down some and removing the old grout and regrouting with Buff colored mortar. MUCH better!!!! But oh what a MESS that was..... They also replaced a few stones. All in all I wish I could say I'm thrilled with everything, but I'm not. I'm picky by nature but there are just things I feel very unhappy with still. I'm forcing myself to move past that and am THRILLED it's over, and happy to have a pool for our family and friends to enjoy!!

Please share your thoughts!!

A link to my original thread with construction photos:
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/pools/msg0717442530949.html

Here are the pool specs:
Pool
32' long, 21' wide down to 15' wide
Depths: 3.5' - 5.5'
462 sf
95 linear feet
14,438 gallons
Flagstone beach entry / tanning ledge approximately 11'X11'
2hp/2sp Jandy Stealth pump
60sf Jandy DE Filter w/ Valve
Aqualink w/ PDA PS-4
Polaris 280
Aqua Pure Salt Kit
2 deck jets
2 bubblers in tanning ledge
Oklahoma Flagstone
NPT Himalaya waterline tile (HLMULTI
Himalaya Multicolor 6"x6")
Stonescapes Mauve Mini Pebble finish
488 sf 2 color rock Texture / skins pattern concrete
486 sf existing patio capped in oklahoma flagstone with a step down to the pool deck

Spa:
8' irregular shaped spa raised 18"
faced in square/rectangle millsap
6 jets
Tiered spillway
Laars 400K BTU gas heater

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: One Year later.......finally some finished photos....(DFW)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Cannonball!!!
Photobucket

View from inside:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Our mallard guests from a couple of months ago. These 2 stopped by a few times.
Photobucket

o

Beautiful!!1 Love the entry and reef. How do you like the color of the water and the stonescapes bottom. Is it smooth? We are thinking of the same.

o

i like the old grout better... just kidding. the place looks awesome. love the beach entry and the stone work around the hottub.
next project- outdoor kitchen- perfect corner on the left side (from the pool)where you have that storage box and grill. make it L shaped for counter space and to hold a small fridge.

o

I love it! Your colors are just like mine... even indoors! What color did you use for your concrete? did you use an alternate color release agent? what pattern?

I ask because I am remodeling my pool and will have a new concrete decking poured. I was going to just stick with brushed but I love the way yours looks, so I'm totally reconsidering... please give me details!! thanks!

o

Looks great Jenn. I have slways been a fan of your pool since we went through the process at the same time.

o

Thanks, terriolsen! I'm going to have to ask my PB what colors were used on the deck......I know it was a 2 color powder release with some sort of skins stamp, not sure the exact pattern......I'm VERY anxious to seal it after seeing hwade's gorgeous pool and deck:
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/pools/msg010104021225.html?63
I REALLY like the stamped concrete and have been pleased with it! Let me get with the PB for more details hopefully!

o

I am in TX also and wanted to let you know I am a huge fan of your pool! I am in the pool building process now, and I am modeling my pool after yours. They just finished our gunite yesterday, and are starting tile on Monday. I am using your same tile! I am anxious about it because looking at the pics in the NPT book, the tile looks nothing like yours, but it is gorgeous in your photos. So, I have faith the it will be perfect!

o

Hi:

I'm considering mauve for our pool and had a quick question for you--is there any green in the water color at all? What color blue would you describe the color? Darker than tahoe blue? Lighter than midnight blue?

Thanks,

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here