Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Crushed shells in pebbletec?

Posted by havinanotherin2010 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 13, 11 at 14:56

Hi,
We are building a pool in NC and are at the plumbing/electrical stage. We will be having the pebbletec done pretty soon and are contemplating two colors, caribbean and tahoe blue. Tahoe blue would be an upcharge. The pool builder also said that we can (with an additional cost) add crushed shells to the pebbletec to make it "pop". Has anyone done this before and is it worth the additonal cost? Also, does anyone have any pics of their pools with tahoe blue and caribbean blue with or without the shells? Thanks in advance for any help, this is all new and so many decisions to make!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Crushed shells in pebbletec?

We have Blue Granite Pebblesheen and we added the shells. Two years later and we still LOVE them. They sparkle like diamonds and even reflect light at night just from the pool lights. They were well worth the cost for us.

o

Hi, we have caribbean blue with the seashells. We love the seashells and feel like it really does make the pebble more interesting. I will try to take a photo this morning and post it for you.

o

Thanks so much for your comments. Can I ask what the cost was for the shells approximately? Our PB is saying ~$500 and that's basically a pass thru. Seems like a lot! I've heard that some have bought the shells on the spot (some that the PT people have on the truck that day and paid less, but that's taking a risk in case they don't have any)....the dollars are adding up! Not sure what to do...Anyone have Tahoe Blue with shells?

o

We have Tahoe Blue, and we added the shells for about $300 when we renovated the pool in 2007. It's very pretty, and we've been really happy with the PebbleTec.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tahoe Blue PebbleTec with Shells

o

That water color is gorgeous!!! And I love the shells too...Thanks for sharing the pic :)

Now I have to see if my PB will come down on the price!

o

Marta p: were you able to get a pic of your Caribbean blue pebbletec with the shells? Or does anyone else have that in their pool and have a pic? Thanks in advance!

o

WRT the price of the shells, bear in mind the price of gold was in the $800/oz. range in 2007 and today its nearer the $1600/oz. range. The buying power of the ounce of gold is about the same but the dollar's isn't.

Scott

o

Hi again, I do have some, but they are not the greatest b/c it was overcast. However, there is one that will give you an idea of the caribbean color. Also, we paid $340 for the pool and spa (approx. 22000 gallons). When I first inquired the price was $440. I was busy and didn't get back to the PB. I got an e/mail a couple of days later saying they could make it $340. Seems there might be some wiggle room.

o

Here's our caribbean blue pebble tec pool.
yard looking south

o

Here is our Tahoe Blue without shells

Photobucket

o

Beautiful pools (and water colors)!!! Thanks for posting the pics.

Pebbletec is next week so I guess I better make a decision quick!

o

Just got back from vacation, so sorry this is late. I've got Blue Lagoon with the abalone shell. My blog linked below discusses the application and later posts show what it looks like, close up pictures. I thought nobody would notice it but me, but I've had severalpeoplecomment on the sparkle that didn't know it was there. Flat fee was $200.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pebbletec day

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here