Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
piaa

Help please - can stone veneer be fully submerged

piaa
10 years ago

Hello everyone

I have a question regarding stone veneer walls - does anyone know if stone veneer can be totally submerged underwater 100% of the time (hopefully that makes sense)

I see a lot of pools that have a stone veneer tile line but I can never quite tell if it is a full wall or just the tile line.

I live in the Caribbean an (hopefully) will be building a small 15' x 10' x 4' deep plunge pool and because it is so small want to try to make it "special" and not just a small rectangle so have decided to make one wall completely stone which is native to St John. The problem with that is, as a stone wall just made of "stacked stone" (if you will) is not waterproof we will have to pour a concrete wall, waterproof etc (forgive me if I'm not using the correct terminology) and then face the wall with the stone but then it would be a really thick wall so I'm thinking of stone veneer to cut down on the thickness but hubby just asked if it can be totally submerged and I have no clue :)

We wont have to worry about temperature changes as we only vary by 6 degrees all year so freezing etc not a concern.

If anyone can recommend companies/manufacturers that have what I am looking for please can you let me know - everything we order will have to be shipped (sight unseen sometimes) via freight forwarder from Miami

I have included a few photos of the look I am going for.

The first is an example of a look that will work (the "native stone on the left but a stone veneer on the right) and the other is a home on St John that has the "native" stone wall (yes it is completely underwater) that I fear will end up being too thick but I don't know if it can be installed for a fully submerged wall.

Thanks everyone

Piaa

Comments (3)