Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Loungechairs for tanning ledge??

Posted by havinanotherin2010 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 23, 11 at 14:47

Hi all,
I spend way too much time on here as our pool is to be ready to swim in this week and we're having a birthday party here next weekend. And so it begins...

Looking feverishly for low sitting lounge chairs for the tanning ledge (12" deep), maybe a small table for it too, good floats that I can get shipped here quickly, etc...

Any must haves or things that have worked for you and your family or for gatherings???

Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Loungechairs for tanning ledge??

I was looking all over for some and stumbled across some nice looking plastic adirondack chairs at Home Depot. They came in a few colors and were $14. They sit nicely on our baja shelf which is 18", about 6" of the chair is underwater so these may work for your shelf. I wanted plastic vs metal and they have been a great find.

o

Great! Are these lounge chairs or do they have ottomans or something with regular chairs? I saw where someone posted that they used these but cut off the legs to get the height they wanted in the water. I've seen some online that look great too but are out of stock so waiting for an email notification...(but they were very expensive and wouldn't want to cut the legs off!)

o

Not sure where you live, but the Home Depot, Lowes and Walmart in the Houston area all carry PVC colored adirondack chairs that are simple to adjust by cutting the legs.
Check the garden section.

They run $15 for adult sizes and $10 or so for kids.

o

I bought a couple of those PVC Adirondack from Home Depot for $10 a chair on closeout. Not sure if they list them online.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here